• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officers Tabs-Opinions

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Just purchased my first set of SS Officers Tabs. This was long over-due and I would like all of your opionios of the set. Thank you all in advace!

Jeff
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me

Comment

yes nice

Comment

The 'A' tab seems strange ?

Ian

Comment

Collar Tab

Ian brings up a good point. Additionally, notice the holes in it. The RZM tag appears to have been on the the rank side of another tab at one time. Strange how it made the transition to the right hand tab of an SD or Staff tab.

Charles Betz

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                Ian brings up a good point. Additionally, notice the holes in it. The RZM tag appears to have been on the the rank side of another tab at one time. Strange how it made the transition to the right hand tab of an SD or Staff tab.

Charles Betz
                I absolutely agree that the RZM tag would send a red flag about that tab, enough for me to walk away, that is for sure. Also, in regard to the rank tab, if you slightly lift the pips from the tab itself, is there indication that they have been on that tab for the past 65+ years?

Comment

As far as the rank tab, in the reces of the bends in the prongs on the back there is patina that has built up. This seals the deal with this one for me as being a fine original. As far as the other tab, the holes go through the whole tab not just the tag. I can take photos to show this. These were purchased from a trusted forum member that purchased them from the vet. It was stated that the vet had done his own handy work on the blank tab as far as putting other pins on it. I hope this clears some up, but I still have a couple days inspection.

Jeff

Comment

I was wondering about the face part of the tab not the reverse, when you lift the pips, you sgould also see a thick imprint of the pips on the face of the tab, almost like there were imbedded in the material, something which is caused by being on there for 65+ years, then I think you have a winner rank tab. As far as the RZM tag, I would still not opt for something like that, but if you are OK with it, that is all that matters.

Comment

I attempted to lift the pips but the are so tight on the tab I am not able to lift it with even my finger nail under it. Doing so would damage the tab. I feel good about both of them but I know with SS cloth it has to be examined very thoroughly.

Jeff

Comment

Tabs

Seems like something was pinned to the opposite tab at one time. Other than that, the tabs are nice. I have no problem with the RZM tag. The rank side is perfert IMO.
                        Peter

Comment

Heresteller # 212 definately carried out embroidery on Allgemeine-SS, SS-TV tabs and cufftitles, perhaps the 'A' would be for adding the piping to the blank tab ?

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X