Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erbsentarn Jacke on eBay

Hi,
    I wasn't in the bidding but what are opinions on the spotty tunic that closed on eBay.de on 30th September - item #260857527418 finishing at 1,621.00 Euros?
    My thoughts were that the different materials and dot patterns involved made it too much trouble to be a fake?
    My question is about the "Betr Ra" maker's mark being so clear when the tunic has obviously been well washed and is that the expected font for the size numerals? I've not seen enough to be able to judge.
    No personal vested interest in this one - just keen to hear what others think.
    Best regards,
    Grossfuss

It was a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossfuss View Post
      Hi,
      I wasn't in the bidding but what are opinions on the spotty tunic that closed on eBay.de on 30th September - item #260857527418 finishing at 1,621.00 Euros?
      My thoughts were that the different materials and dot patterns involved made it too much trouble to be a fake?
      My question is about the "Betr Ra" maker's mark being so clear when the tunic has obviously been well washed and is that the expected font for the size numerals? I've not seen enough to be able to judge.
      No personal vested interest in this one - just keen to hear what others think.
      Best regards,
      Grossfuss
      do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
        do you have a link?
        http://www.ebay.de/itm/260857527418?...t_28962wt_1185

Comment

thanks,its a fake tunic.

Comment

Erbsentarn Jacke

Hello again,
            Interested to see an expansion on your opinion on this one Besslein.
            It was the different cloth in the sleeve and collar plus different camo patterns and varied lining material that made me think that's a last-ditch effort too much trouble to fake - as said before, it was the markings that worried me.
            We're all keen to learn more!
            Thanks for the contributions so far.
            All the best,
            Grossfuss

Comment

The marking is a kiss of death, but I have to admit It's the cleverest repro I have see til now!!

Comment

Stone washed repro, looks nice but still a fake, good for reenacting !

Comment

Sure would have fooled me. The different (original) materials and construction methods look fine. There are at least three original material weaves used in this things construction, and the material is not from zelts obviously so someone tore apart numbers of original garments?

Comment

Erbsentarn Jacke

The plot thickens - any more opinions?
                    So far it seems to be either a 100% fake - a fake made from original materials - or an original jacket "glamourised" with spurious markings!
                    Anybody else like to jump on the bandwagon? I wonder if the purchaser is watching this?
                    All the best,
                    Grossfuss

Comment

I don't own this jacket, but I don't think it's a replica. Beaver's book on camo uniforms as well as the shot on page 850 shows a tunic that could be this ones' brother, made from different grades of fabric with a similiar tan/hbt liner set-up. In fact, there are any number of examples of this patchwork assembly technique. It was common on these. For me, it is actually a selling feature that I like to see.

The tan liner material, silver HBT, and hardware are also spot on. This tunic is made correctly, of the correct materials which are NOT common and would have constituted cannabilizing some very pricey items. Somebody tore apart original SS uniforms to make this?

I also don't think the tunic is "stonewashed" or worn very much at all. The flat nap of the dot material makes it look washed out sometimes, but I don't think there is actual wear to the tunic at all.

Specifically, what is wrong with this besides the marking which is apparently unacceptable?

s/f Robert

Comment

[QUOTE=RobertE;4888302]I don't own this jacket, but I don't think it's a replica. Beaver's book on camo uniforms as well as the shot on page 850 shows a tunic that could be this ones' brother, made from different grades of fabric with a similiar tan/hbt liner set-up. In fact, there are any number of examples of this patchwork assembly technique. It was common on these. For me, it is actually a selling feature that I like to see.

The tan liner material, silver HBT, and hardware are also spot on. This tunic is made correctly, of the correct materials which are NOT common and would have constituted cannabilizing some very pricey items. Somebody tore apart original SS uniforms to make this?

I also don't think the tunic is "stonewashed" or worn very much at all. The flat nap of the dot material makes it look washed out sometimes, but I don't think there is actual wear to the tunic at all.

Specifically, what is wrong with this besides the marking which is apparently unacceptable?

s/f Robert[/QUOTE
                        its complet bad,have you seen the thread used in construction?

Comment

Of course, it is shown in every picture. Color, stitch length, type, unnatural fraying, quality of the work, what?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X