Allgemein Tunic at Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemein Tunic at Max

Hey Guys, I'm here at the Max and I'm pretty interested in a tunic from the guys who run germanreichmilitarytreasures.com. I know some things on the site are bad news, but I feel like this tunic is good and would just like some other opinions. The photos on the dealers website are not available, but would love it if someone would take a look with me, or for me or maybe already has. The Tunic is the Allgemein SS 99 fussregiment tunic with "6" flatwire cuftitle, one pip on rank tab, great condition outisde of beat up armband, and not trikot wool but smooth.

Anyone with help please shoot me a text if you'd be willing to go look at it with or for me.

Thanks

Billy Wurm

The pics are no longer up on the website- can you post some good pics yourself?

Comment

I only have 1 pic and its terrible, I'll try to get more tomorrow and post during the day.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've owned a number of these over the years, so here's what I'd want to see:
        Close-up of the collar tab clearly showing both the tab and collar piping
        Close-up of a buttonhole that also shows the weave of the fabric
        Any labels in the neck, inner pocket, underside of shoulder strap, etc.
        There's more, but these three would allow me to form an initial opinion...

Good luck!
        Arran.

Comment

I'll see what I can do, I don't remember seeing any tags remaining in the tunic, but there was the tags in the pants and tie. I appreciate it and will hook it up tomorrow.

Billy

Comment

Here are pictures of everything. The liner inside the tunic is not a silky material but rather a little rougher. Obviously its prob not "untouched" but rather together. But is it all correct? It is a fair price I believe.

Comment

Comment

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/wrw5f9mizzou/IMG_1165.jpg

Comment

Comment

Thanks to Manzie too for taking a look at the show for me. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Well, for starters, the tie and pants are fake. I also don't like the tab- numbers are poorly formed and the wrong shape. That said, the base tunic looks like its probably original, and the cufftitle looks good...

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                        Well, for starters, the tie and pants are fake. I also don't like the tab- numbers are poorly formed and the wrong shape. That said, the base tunic looks like its probably original, and the cufftitle looks good...
                        Good assessment! The Tab is ok, but overall insignia was likey added post war. The tag in the pants is a repro. Tunic itself was ok.

Comment

Kinda confused here, are tunic insignia,tabs, good to Arran?

Comment

The tunic and most of the insignia are probably original, but I still don't like the collar tab...

Comment

Tab

Bill,
                              Do you a few other pictures of the tab, maybe without flash?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X