Suggestions For A Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions For A Newbie

I have started out collecting DDR memorabilia. I have now purchased Third Reich flag, Work Book, Party Member ID card from members here and a Medical Visor Hat from another site after recommendation from members here.

I know SS items are more expensive, any suggestions on an item of clothing with the SS insignia, emblem, etc that might be moderately priced?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time, very much!
    CWL

SS tabs Dachau made should be great if you want start collecting SS.

Comment

Ss

Paper items are underestimated, IMO. Items such as SS Newspapers, original SS photographs, etc. are abundant and reasonably priced compared to other SS items, which are often expensive. They're also "personal" in nature, which makes them interesting. They're also great to display with other items, especially if they're related in some way to the other items. Good luck!!

Comment

DIERS and sgstandard

Thank you both very much for your suggestions, I really appreciate them alot!

Comment

Start out modestly?
          Buy an SS Sports shirt emblem. It's bigger & it screams "SS!" in white!

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
            Start out modestly?
            Buy an SS Sports shirt emblem. It's bigger & it screams "SS!" in white!
            I second that and you can also buy 1st pattern cap TK`s and eagles for a low sum of money. And like another member already have stated , some of the more common Dachau tabs and arm eagles are not so expensive. The tropical version of cap TK´s and arm eagles are also priced pretty low. Good luck in your collecting

/Mike

Comment

If you want to collect SS, my suggestion is to do it in a very careful,focused way and buy the best quality items you can get or afford. Decide what you want and wor/save towards that, I would avoid just buying randomly. Jacques

Comment

I agree with what everyone else said. I would also invest in a few books, namely Angolia Cloth Insignia of the SS. Its not perfect, but I still find it "inspiring". SS regalia is also good and fun to look at.

You are already a step a head as you are on this forum. do not be afraid to ask questions, post photos, but take some time and read through some old threads. There is more info here than you can absorb in a lifetime.

Be very wary of any ss stuff in antique malls or gun shows. you may get lucky, but chances are 99% against you.

Be sure when you buy you know who you are dealing with, and exactly what their return policy is. Buy "locally" here too -there are some great deals to be had on the e-stand.

have fun with it!
                http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Forget about the cap edelweiB,
                  But these are affordable and very nice and help to get some more feeling with these.
                  (Thanks again Felix for signalling the bad edelweiB capbadge. I owe you one.)

Tell me, How can you beat these tropical Skulls? And for little more than 1/3 of a SS-tab.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=530734

Comment

99% of SS items for sale are fake, so beware! Beaver books are a must have for uniform collecting. SS collectors prefer top condition items, so bargains can be had on salty SS regalia. Do research on the forum and post items you are unsure of. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your great advice! I really appreciate it alot!

Comment

Yep do your home work first before you go off on a spending spree and be comfortable with what you are buying .... You can always seek advise here and ask whoever you are buying from if you can return it if you are not happy with it.
                        Dont let your heart rule your mind
                        Regards
                        David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X