Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS camo cap

Hi all,

I want to show you my early SS camo cap in plane tree "1" pattern I got recently...

Super original used ss camo cap. Congrats with a real rare one!

Comment

Beautiful camo cap and i love the WH Gebirgsjaeger cap edelweiss painted white

Comment

Originally posted by Obergruppen2 View Post
        Nice touch indeed, the period added paint makes it look more like SS-GJ in white!
        Awesome piece of headgear, a dream for most to own !

Comment

lovely and rare cap indeed.congratulations and thanks for sharing

kind regards,

Salvatore

Comment

A friend of mine owns its brother .

Comment

Beautiful cap, rare piece, congrats

Originally posted by Obergruppen2 View Post
              That's a nice detail indeed!

Comment

Looks very nice indeed! Did you get it from a reliable source?

Comment

camo cap

S...U...P...E..R...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    Looks very nice indeed! Did you get it from a reliable source?
                    Got it from a forum member with no specific history behind this cap.

Comment

Very nice cap

Comment

Beautiful cap ! Must only have been worn sring side out or you'd get a hell of a headache with that edelweiss there.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                          Beautiful cap !
                          Yes!

Must only have been worn sring side out or you'd get a hell of a headache with that edelweiss there.
                          Most of the reversible cotton duck items were worn with the spring side exposed. Although those items were meant to be reversed, when the environment demanded that, this option was widely ignored.

Period pictures suggest that, if such items were worn at all, at least 90% of all covers, caps and smocks were worn with the green side exposed no matter what time of the year.

Interestingly a good deal of those few items that were worn with the brown side exposed were worn like that during the summer in areas with strong vegetation.

IMO this shows that most soldiers didn't really care for the effectiveness of their camo items as probably to the average frontline soldier the full effect of his camo items was not really a concern.

I have seen a number of camo caps that had metal insigina of any nature added, of wartime and postwar origin ( in this case caps that continued to be worn by the veteran soldiers ), yet, always to the green side.

Cheers

Comment

Beautiful cap ! Must only have been worn sring side out or you'd get a hell of a headache with that edelweiss there.

Ian
                            Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                              Must only have been worn sring side out or you'd get a hell of a headache with that edelweiss there.
                              Good point!

That's neither a good nor a bad point, it's no point at all as it has no relevance to someone that never reverses his reversible cap or smock or what have you.

Just like smocks that have rank insignia added only to the green side, caps that have metal TKs etc. added only to the green side and so on.

As I said, it was uncommon to wear reversible cotton duck items with the brown side exposed, that happened quite rarely.

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X