Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS VT Drillich for working, 1935

Hi,

my Drillich has been altered at some parts, I would like to restore the original buttons, does one has an idea, how they looked like?
    I woulds guess, they were fixed by "S" rings on the back site, but which pattern they have to be?

Does it had 3 pockets original?

Thanks for comments.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Just standard issue pebbled buttons early ones with an S ring will do..you found an interesting piece there very early.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        Just standard issue pebbled buttons early ones with an S ring will do..you found an interesting piece there very early.
        IMO they should be SS RZM marked.

Nice item, too bad about the modifications and the damages.

Comment

I know that, and I´m happy with this one, though the condition is not the best.

Comment

Drillich tunics did not have RZM marked buttons except possibly if shoulder boards were used..the full button with RZM markings was used on the Black tunics, Officer high quality tunics and on some customized tunics..possibly the Drillich field tunic for officers but not the work uniforms IMO

Comment

Drillich tunics did not have RZM marked buttons except possibly if shoulder boards were used..the full button with RZM markings was used on the Black tunics, Officer high quality tunics and on some customized tunics..possibly the Drillich field tunic for officers but not the work uniforms IMO

Everything authorized by the RZM had to be marked. Enlisted men's items were properly marked, it had nothing to do with high or low quality or officer vs EM items.

The manufacturers of those buttons had to mark the buttons with their rzm code, the manufacturers of the tunics had to mark them with their codes etc..They were not allowed to incorporate parts that came from outside the rzm system. Even the fabric was made according to rzm standards and was marked with RZM codes.

Everything was controlled.

There are very few VT items that were not RZM marked (camouflage for instance and items supplied by the army etc..).

Most waffen-ss wartime items had nothing to do with the rzm of course. So would this item be a drill tunic of 1943 issue there would be no rzm codes at all (of course 1943 drill tunics differed in many ways to these early pieces, not just the lack of rzm codes).

But with an item that early it should be rzm marked properly (which it is) incl. the buttons (which, unfortunately, are absent).

But that's just my opinion of course.

Cheers

Comment

Im tired of arguing petty issues..reffer to Mike Beaver,Mollo,and many other references.

Comment

Im tired of arguing petty issues..reffer to Mike Beaver,Mollo,and many other references.

That is exactly the response I have expected from you.

Comment

Good then get busy maybe one day you can be an Expert too..

Comment

Good then get busy maybe one day you can be an Expert too..
                      Just like you, right? Gee!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X