Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions about Waffen items please ?

Hello all .
    A collector send me proudly some pics of his collection , and when i give him some serious doubts about his Waffen helmets and some of his mannequins , he was not happy !!!!! Can you ; please , tell me wat do you think about these items ( sorry , i have only these poor pics , not very sharp )
    I told him , to help him to avoid loosing money , to put all his items here on identification forum before buying new items , but i received no answer .
    Best regards
    Jacques

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would say none of the SS helmets stand a chance of being original. Most of the decals look like quite obvious fakes.

He can't honestly believe these are real.

Comment

Items

For the rest; much better pictues. Close ups and clearer images are required.

Charles Betz

Comment

pics

Well personally I think it's pretty disgusting of you to post this persons collection on the internet like this, asking for opinions.....I am sure if he wanted his collection shown on an international forum he would have replied to you when you suggested to post them here.

Secondly, based on the poor quality blurry pictures posted, I think making a serious judgement on most of the items shown would be impossible.
        From what I can see, it looks like a nice collection, short of seeing it in person.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
          Well personally I think it's pretty disgusting of you to post this persons collection on the internet like this, asking for opinions.....I am sure if he wanted his collection shown on an international forum he would have replied to you when you suggested to post them here.

Secondly, based on the poor quality blurry pictures posted, I think making a serious judgement on most of the items shown would be impossible.
          From what I can see, it looks like a nice collection, short of seeing it in person.

Brett
          Hello Brett
          No name , no place , no localisation and no information about him , i don't see the bad side of this thread . It is just to show him that he has to be refund if he bought bad items . He was sure that he own jewels . I own 4 Waffen SS helmets , and i took a look at severals helmets before buying theses helmets and i allways asked ( here or on GHW ) BEFORE buying . I never found one named Waffen so clearly , and here , i see 4 of them !!!!! The decals seems to me recents and artificially aged , and i don't like also the DOT uniforms . This is red-flag for me and if he can be refund for bad item , it would certainly help him .I don't say that all his collection is bad (!) , but i think ( imo) that he has several bad items , just my two cents
          Best regards
          Jacques

Comment

Yes, I see some fakes.

Comment

...and i see some originals as well

Comment

Brett
                I agree.

Comment

I had a similar experience with a guy here locally. He had every exotic helmet that you could think off, all bad. I showed it on the forum with his permission and some members actually cried. He never believed that any of of it is fake. In his words 'I like it" . The problem is that he sells it as originals at original prices.

I see a lot of heartache in the colletor in this thread's future when it comes to selling. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                    I see a lot of heartache in the colletor in this thread's future when it comes to selling. Jacques
                    Indeed.

Ian

Comment

With all due respect, if you think his SS helmet collection looks nice you may want to stay away from that area of collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan P View Post
                        With all due respect, if you think his SS helmet collection looks nice you may want to stay away from that area of collecting.
                        I agree !!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X