No announcement yet.

SS Skull on E Satnd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so if a skull that looks like the Leetisch one does and it is from the period.Why cant a three pronged skull?Just a general question.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      ah, but there is a certain innate beauty in rarity alone, no?

er - I have to disagree. They are authentic but I would not own one of those if it was $5.00. Hell they are ugly.

They are the SS insignia equivalent of the ugly fat chick with angry red zits all over her face....... maybe they look better when you are so drunk you can't stand up

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
        er - I have to disagree. They are authentic but I would not own one of those if it was $5.00. Hell they are ugly.

They are the SS insignia equivalent of the ugly fat chick with angry red zits all over her face....... maybe they look better when you are so drunk you can't stand up
        Well, I will respectfully have to disagree with you, sir. These "ugly" skulls are the product of conditions in a particular time and place in history. Do we collect based solely on aesthetics, or does historical significance play a part. The history of War itself is rarely anything other than "ugly"...If the one on e-stand hadn't been missing a prong, I might buy it myself!

Comment

With all due respect, my dog took a crap in the shape of a swastika, it was a rare find but I didn't want that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan P View Post
            With all due respect, my dog took a crap in the shape of a swastika, it was a rare find but I didn't want that either.
            really??

Comment

Well, I will respectfully have to disagree with you, sir. These "ugly" skulls are the product of conditions in a particular time and place in history. Do we collect based solely on aesthetics, or does historical significance play a part. The history of War itself is rarely anything other than "ugly"...If the one on e-stand hadn't been missing a prong, I might buy it myself!

Yes Arran, I collect based on aesthetics. I could buy a number of, probably quite rare, SS posters that frankly have absolutely ZERO appeal to me. I like the snazzy, cool looking SS stuff. Yes the historical significance does play it's part as well.

I collect SS items because - and it's been said untold times before - they have the best looking uniforms, caps etc; which is true 99.9% of the time.

But some SS stuff is downright ugly or boring and I have no interest in it. I have no interest in ground dug items, printed insignia, Concentration camp items, Gestapo items and probably a lot of other SS stuff.

However, some collectors think Allach is boring - "it look's like grandma's china" - and don't collect that, but I quite like some of it.

Have a look at my website and you'll soon see what I like to collect.

Anyway we can all agree to disagree.......on the ugly skull.

Comment

Tony, I've seen your website, and its great!

Comment

Tony, I've seen your website, and its great!
                  Thanks mate.

Comment

my favorite is the insignia section you have Tony

http://www.ssrelics.net/ss-insignia.htm

what happened to the metal skulls? updating?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan P View Post
                      Awsome quote, nearlly fell from my chair laughing !!!

Comment

Unlike most collectors, I personally think that the Assmann skulls are pretty neat. The suture lines are so petite that you can barely see them without a loupe. They also have a very unique jaw bone when compared with the other makers. Fact is, that they are just as real as any other skull and are just as important to complete a skull collection.
                        Of course, they do not look like a mean, creepy Deschler, but as a collectable piece of history, they are cool, and the early ones are the rarest of them all. That is just my opinion.

Best, Chris

Comment

do you happen to have one in your collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X