Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-TV (Totenkopfverbände) knapsack

Hello,

I got this SS Totenkopfverbände knapsack from a household clearance.

the stamps: VII/3. SS-T.V. Thüringen.

Opinions welcome. Too early for my SS collection, so I`ll trade it.

kind regard

Uli
    Attached Files
    Last edited by H-U Rudel; 09-18-2011, 11:38 AM.

More pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by H-U Rudel View Post
      More pics.
      I can't say about the period of added TV markings, but the backpack did not look correct for TV troops, the must be supplied in this time with a quality SS VA nor SS RZM marked items, but not a RAD stuff. But who knows, probably that is a period mistake. But really I didn't want this item to be mine

Comment

Sorry, I didn't recognize the marking is on the strap- most probably replacement for a missed one on the RAD backpack

Comment

Here is a better pc of the SS stamp marking.

Can anybodx help me to figure out a price of this item? I can only find Allgemeine SS or SS VT backpacks on dealers sites.

They`re from 750 Euro to 1999 dollar. but the condotion of mine is noch so good as they are, but the stamp on mine, which means

3. SS-Totenkopfstandarte-Standarte "Thüringen" VII. Sturmbann

It is from the concetrationcamp Buchenwald.

I think really rare.

kind regards

Uli
          Attached Files

Comment

If you don´t have to sell it quickly I´d send it in to HH for their coming auction in spring.

Comment

in my opinion ,only the straps are SS , the bag itself is RAD and the straps are most perhaps not a set with the pack.

Comment

I don't see anything valuable here. Just a one strap could cost something if someone needs a sample of the SS TV markings on it, in this case that will be no more than a 50 USD. The RAD Tornister cost approx 25 USD in this condition

Comment

I think it`s a RAD bag which was used by the SS. It is hard to replace a missing strap with exatly such a very rare SS TV one.

I got this backpack from a house clearance. It is a 100% genuine untouched item.
                  Last edited by H-U Rudel; 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I think it's a postwar added belts, due that kind of items used by the VT troops, which was specifically equipped. There is too small chance to use this item as a combat item to replace missed details. This kind of items was used postwar, especially in the eastern part of Germany, due the weakness. Childs use them for school

Comment

Originally posted by espenlaub View Post
                      I think it's a postwar added belts, due that kind of items used by the VT troops, which was specifically equipped. There is too small chance to use this item as a combat item to replace missed details. This kind of items was used postwar, especially in the eastern part of Germany, due the weakness. Childs use them for school

Ok, that`s your opinion.

Is I wrote, I know where it is from! It was never touched by others after war. The soldier (grandfather of the one I got it from) put it on the attic where it was found now by the house clearance.

kind regards

Uli

Comment

Ok, that`s your opinion.

Is I wrote, I know where it is from! It was never touched by others after war. The soldier (grandfather of the one I got it from) put it on the attic where it was found now by the house clearance.

kind regards

Uli
                        thats maybe true it was never touched post war ,but please remember many items are reused war time,in my opinion,the original ss pack was kaputt,and the only part that was ok was the straps,so it was put together with the rad pack,i have seen and owned in the past many ss tornisters,all with ss rzm stamp on back pack part and some with some without unit stamps on straps.
                        i dont say its not good,but not a ss used set.

Comment

The SS was given exclusive opportunity to recruit the youngsters in the HJ and RAD - anybody ever thought about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                            The SS was given exclusive opportunity to recruit the youngsters in the HJ and RAD - anybody ever thought about that?
                            Exactly what it is

Kind regards

Uli

Comment

Exactly what it is

Kind regards

Uli
                              but not if we talk abaut war time rebulid backpack.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X