• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original or fake? tunic m44

Hello.
    Your opinion? Well sewn fake?

I liked this tunic from 1st picture.
    At first sight, before to see Latvjan shield, i though about Latvian SS tunic.
    See runes shadow.

Certainly something is wrong cause one tab it's heavy sun exposed and other noth and both are thousand-thread (Italian term) so with high % of vegetable fibres.

I think this tunic is restored but it's real good in any parts.

If you'll sure about a restoration remove shield and eagle and restore them properly. I would like to see some reverse pictures.

You're living in a great lovely country! I saw the "little" private museum on Kurland where there is a js2 on the garden!

Ps: there is a shadow on the right of shield
    pps: use wood light to examine the white thread used to fit insigna

Comment

According to legend, this jacket was found in the attic on a farm in Latvia

Comment

original arm eagle............
        wisches

Comment

however it's a m43.

Comment

How are those collar badges made ? They look spray painted, with a stencil used to make the SS runes.

Comment

One collar tab being sun-faded and the other not is totally possible, depending how it was stored
              and what side (what area) was exposed or not.
              You can clearly see the holes where the metal Latvian SS flashes were attached on the tab,
              protecting the tab's black cloth material against fading.
              It looks very believable to me!

Looking at it again (after reading the blow torch comment, I am not convinced) the unfaded tab
              actually shows some similar fading at the edge... tabs are a set, same material for sure!
              Last edited by NickG; 09-10-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Looks like it was blowtorched

Comment

I am not a believer in the tunic yet, it looks like it was tortured in a Latvian garage and had oil poured all over it. The lining material in the shot of the belt ramp being held is suspicious and stitch spacing under the wear.

Comment

nice doctor

Comment

The eagle and shield are very late Dachau find items obviously added to hump up this item. Can't comment on the tunic itself but I wouldn't want it.

Ian

Comment

The badges and stitching look very clean compared to the rest of the tunic????

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                          The badges and stitching look very clean compared to the rest of the tunic????
                          Same for me, reason I would pass if it was offered to me..

Comment

Originally posted by DIERS View Post
                            Same for me, reason I would pass if it was offered to me..
                            I would say it depends on the price. Hard to say if the tunic is good, Eagle and shield are good. But the tunic is definitely "restored". Don't like the runic tab.

Uli

Comment

I would suspect the rune tab was torched to disguise that it was a modern copy. The rank tab looks like it was hit with sand paper.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X