• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i realy like it

Comment

...good eye hdmarley...

Originally posted by hdmarley View Post
      This one is on Third Reich Depot and was for sale on estand by Camopara in the past few months. Right?

Hdmarley
      yes.. its available on TRP.. here's Christy's description:

LAH (Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler) Ski Sweater

If you checked out my SS-VT helmet listed above you might have been thinking it could be one of the rarest SS artifacts you've ever seen. Well, I think it's safe to say this beauty has it beat hands down. I'm sure most of you have seen an earlier version of this sports patch in Mollo's Uniforms of the SS", or perhaps the unissued patch just like this one listed and sold several years ago by my favorite web site in Canada (no longer posted), but how many of you have actually seen a genuine example sewn to a period garment?... and what a garment it is! This tight fitting and incredibly stretchy "Torolastic" sweater was manufactured in Berlin, which was the birthplace of the LAH and their forerunner the SS-Stabswache Berlin. It's still in near mint condition so I doubt if it saw much use, but there is a tiny hole in the left armpit where the seam was stressed so I think it's safe to assume it was worn at least once... perhaps in a ski competition.

Comment

TRP item ss1202

Dolche, not in my possession... but good thought

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
        Its not a fantasy, the sweater is typical of what was worn for sports in the period by many organizations
        Steve, nice comparison photo.. thanks.

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        And now it is in my collection.

Bob Hritz
        right on Bob!

...just curious, but what's something like this worth?

http://www.thirdreichdepot.com/?CFID...TOKEN=75548541
        Last edited by maestro; 09-09-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hdmarley View Post
          This one is on Third Reich Depot and was for sale on estand by Camopara in the past few months. Right?

Hdmarley

I have an ethical problem when members patronize dealers that are clearly selling numerous fakes. I cannot comment on the sweater itself, but the TRD is one of those notorius dealers that sell some original items mixed in with a large amount of fakes.

They never made any effort to fix this before or after they found out a large section of their private collection was fake to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.

Why Camopara would choose them to sell to them is beyond me. If it was proved to me that this sweater was completely authentic and I could get it for $10, I still would not buy it from them - or Snyders or Germania among others. Continuing to deal with these dealers is keeping them in the business of ripping other people off.

All the arguments about "you have to know the item" and "lot's of dealers get caught with fakes" will not sway me to sell to or buy from them. And yes I know that at least one respected member here has traded numerous cuff titles with the TRD and has defended them in the past.

One of the few things that really makes me extremely angry is when other people get ripped off.

You can go back to discussing the sweater and insignia now.

Comment

nice site Tony

nice original sweater

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
              Dolche, not in my possession... but good thought

Steve, nice comparison photo.. thanks.

right on Bob!

...just curious, but what's something like this worth?

http://www.thirdreichdepot.com/?CFID...TOKEN=75548541
              No idea what its worth but I see it here at $25,000.00
              http://www.ioffer.com/i/rare-ss-nazi...inal-483480783

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                I have an ethical problem when members patronize dealers that are clearly selling numerous fakes. I cannot comment on the sweater itself, but the TRD is one of those notorius dealers that sell some original items mixed in with a large amount of fakes.

They never made any effort to fix this before or after they found out a large section of their private collection was fake to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.

Why Camopara would choose them to sell to them is beyond me. If it was proved to me that this sweater was completely authentic and I could get it for $10, I still would not buy it from them - or Snyders or Germania among others. Continuing to deal with these dealers is keeping them in the business of ripping other people off.

All the arguments about "you have to know the item" and "lot's of dealers get caught with fakes" will not sway me to sell to or buy from them. And yes I know that at least one respected member here has traded numerous cuff titles with the TRD and has defended them in the past.

One of the few things that really makes me extremely angry is when other people get ripped off.
                Well said mate.

Ian

Comment

Guilt By Association

The very fact that a dealer shamelessly sells so many fakes of exotic items, should automatically raise a huge red flag to anyone considering purchasing such an item from them. On an item-by-item basis, this may not always apply or seem fair, but reputations are based on past history. The "past" is helpful in predicting the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                    The very fact that a dealer shamelessly sells so many fakes of exotic items, should automatically raise a huge red flag to anyone considering purchasing such an item from them. On an item-by-item basis, this may not always apply or seem fair, but reputations are based on past history. The "past" is helpful in predicting the future.
                    Ian and I when we were Moderators on another forum had an argument with Christine Murphy about her cleaning up her site - we tried to give constructive advice such as ask some decent, honest collectors like Dave Delich and Bob Hritz to help you out and authenticate your items - but she was not interested.

Comment

As Tony say's we genuinely tried our best to help Christine put Brant's niaive enthusiasm and his past mistakes behind her, to forgive and forget and to create a clean, respectable business from the ashes of The Third Reich Depot. I swear for a day or two she was on the road but the old friends and habits just pulled her back into the abyss.

It's a shame.

Comment

Let year

I saw this sweater at the SOS last year.

Dealer issues aside, I was impressed. I was more impressed when a well- known German dealer handled it and said, "I have only seen one of these in pictures. This is amazing."

It seemed amazing to me. I believ it's authentic.

Comment

Someone contacted me on my site a few weeks ago with these same pics and wanted $15g's. wasnt camopara either

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X