New additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New additions

Hi Everyone Here are my latest finds.All opinions welcome and much appreciated,Especialy on the estonian shield.
    Regards
    David
    Attached Files

All look fine. Love the two varient tabs.

Greg

Comment

VERY VERY NICE HARD TO FIND

Comment

Thanks guys I knew the tabs were fine,Just wasn't sure about the estonian shield.I looked at previous threads found one with pictures removed,I pressumed it was this style of shield being discussed.
        Cheers
        David

Comment

This shield is heavily reproduced and made partly from old original cloth. IMHO the shield looks like a repro. Thats why I did not bid on it on Eban.

//Felix

Comment

I like them all. Of course, it is very difficult to authenticate the locally produced volunteer shields, but I do like the materials on this one.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks Bob
              I agree locally made items always get mixed receptions.I too like the look and feel of the shield.
              Thank Felix for your opinion Do you have a confirmed repro of this shield you could post to compare.
              Cheers
              David

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                This shield is heavily reproduced and made partly from old original cloth. IMHO the shield looks like a repro. Thats why I did not bid on it on Eban.

//Felix
                A link to a scary repro:

http://www.ostfront.com/Merchant2/me...W_GER_Insignia

These are very hard to tell if original or not. I guess rock solid provenance is very important. Thats the reason why I passed on it...

I once had one that was cut off from tunic bought in Estonia in the early 90's. This one, and as a cut off looked very convincing. Wear and they way it was sewn on.

One must be very sceptic of these shields unless one has got very good provenance.

//Felix

Comment

Shields

I am far from an expert on foreign shields, but from over 25 years of collecting, I can tell you that FELIX makes a very good point. My statement in no way suggests this shield is either good or bad. Just a good point - VERY difficult to authenticate such items sometimes.

Comment

After looking at the repro in your link i can see why it would cause concern.I'm happy with the shield.The problem would be when i eventually try to sell it on.
                    Felix what do you think of the estonian shield of the same pattern on Hiscoll website?.
                    Cheers
                    David

Comment

Thank you Felix for posting that link.
                      Scary repro's indeed...... almost impossible without rock solid provenance like you said.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X