Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS Artillery Unterscharfuhrer boards

Hi,
    I have recently aquired these boards. I feel happy with them but would appreciate some feedback from Forum members!

(The piping is a more vibrant red 'in the flesh' - I think the camera flash has made them look less so. The piping is a nice 'slippy feel' rayon,
    the NCO tress is the mouse-grey subsued type.)
    Attached Files

Some more Artillery boards pics:-

Some more Artillery boards pics:-
    Attached Files

Comment

Not much used.
      I think they can be good.

DeMil

Comment

Further Artillery boards pics:-

Further Artillery boards pics:-
        Attached Files

Comment

Not much to complain about these straps. They look original to me.

//Felix

Comment

Still more pics!

Still more pics! As you can see the piping looks almost pink in the pictures due to the camera flash (it would be nice - but they would have been very expensive...). Actually they are quite red.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last one

Last one - the piping colour is closer to the actual colour in this picture.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by PaulW; 09-05-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Yes, nice straps with subdued Tresse, standard pattern.

Comment

Many thanks!

Many thanks for the feedback. I bought these from the highly reputable and respected dealer Peter V Lukacs and am as happy as I can be with them having been a (serious - at least for me...) Waffen SS collector in the 1990's with quite an array of boards before I 'sold up' and put the money into my mortgage. I'm not seriously collecting at present, but every now and then I see something that is tempting - and I like this type of 'no nonsense' SS board that ticks a lot of boxes - I also do like the look of the subdued mouse-grey NCO tress, just a personal preference. We all know that (wartime alone) SS issued boards varied greatly in construction but in these days of doubt and uncertainty I like the regular 'non-variant' stuff. Once again, thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it and it leaves a warm glow of satisfaction!

On another note, does anyone have any further information on the manufacturing history of this type of SS shoulder strap (field-grey/ black underneath, narrow under straps). I believe that the mouse-grey NCO tress was issued from 1942 according to Angolia (the aluminium continuing to be issued and worn until the end of the war of course). I would interested if anyone has any insight into the number of manufacturers producing (enlisted) SS straps and perhaps the date that this particular style might have first been issued?

Comment

nice shoulder boards !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X