No announcement yet.

SS M42 field blouse nachrichten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely factory original tunic with factory applied sleeve eagle. No problems with the tunic at all. Tabs and boards are originals...does it really matter when they were applied, that is up to the individual collector/buyer?

Extremely hard to top example if you like mint items.

Richard

Comment

This one is coming from a great seller !

Comment

Great tunic.

Comment

There are many dealers out there with tons of material available. INHO many of these dealers are shady and a good deal of most "interesting" TR material is suspect. In this case you are dealing with a TOP CLASS-A fellow who has wonderful interesting material that is REAL and desirable. He always has wondeful uniforms and headgear available which is absolutely 150% original. He is one of a very few dealers who you can purchase from with eyes closed and sleep safe knowing you obtained something original and special.

Comment

Nice tunic- unissued and the price is sane. The only thing to consider is it's a size 88 (34" chest) which is too small for many mannequins.

Comment

a mannequin butcher!!........

you must cut a woman mannequin......and good restored

Comment

I agree with others that seems to be a very good/mint condition jacket. Insignias are originals as I can see.

Also notice, no cuff title... as often seen in original pics....

This is how an honest jacket should look... No fancy Christmas tree version as often seen after changing hands by different collectors/dealers. It is quite possible the straps did not originally belong to the jacket, but who cares.

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by bubaku View Post
                  a mannequin butcher!!........

you must cut a woman mannequin......and good restored

No "Dolly Parton" mannequin then

Cheers
                  //Felix

Comment

If I didnt already have my dance card full, I'd jump on this piece, there are several other (M43)s for much higher currently on the market, with just the sleeve eagle. Mike is a great guy to deal with, and I believe his prices reflect todays economy much better than some of the larger dealers, but that's a matter of opinioin, buy where you like.

For those that think I might have been in left field re the Salty M42 that was recently discussed, compare this pic of the rear collar construction with the one currently for sale and posted here by Mike. The difference is obvious, and you will find this method of construction on all range of SS field tunics, even the early VT tunics. Good thing to save these pics as Im sure most have done already as they are great reference material. Some of the fakers have picked up on this detail already, most have not, if you look at any of Beavers book, I believe he purposefully left out this level of detail. Take a look at any of your good SS dot jackets (from this view) and compare them with their Army OR Luft hbt counterparts (from this view), and do so also with the wools, the trend is obvious, not that some manufacturers couldn't have deviated from this in the SS arena, I just prefer the ones that line up like Mike's does.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

That construction is simply a method of maximizing the fabric usage, like shoulderboard parts. Undercollars are best cut "on the bias" meaning diagonally across the cloth. That's why the V's aren't usually perpendicular to the edge. This can be wasteful, and it's not a visible part, so they were allowed to use two pieces.

This is appears randomly on all tunics- SS, Heer, LW, wool, reed green, etc, etc..

Few repros bother to make the extra seam, but a few do.
                      It's not a good litmus test.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                        I agree with others that seems to be a very good/mint condition jacket. Insignias are originals as I can see.

Also notice, no cuff title... as often seen in original pics....

This is how an honest jacket should look... No fancy Christmas tree version as often seen after changing hands by different collectors/dealers. It is quite possible the straps did not originally belong to the jacket, but who cares.

//Felix
                        Felix,

Would you consider giving a lecture on this topic? I locate righteous SS panzer wraps for people, and they normally (if unmolested) do not have cuff titles, nor any evidence of one. Inevitably the collector loves the wrap, but passes because there is no CT...they want one with a CT. Invariably they show me what they bought instead, and it is pieced together from the ground up wrap (if even original)...but it has a CT!!!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by n160 View Post
                          That construction is simply a method of maximizing the fabric usage, like shoulderboard parts. Undercollars are best cut "on the bias" meaning diagonally across the cloth. That's why the V's aren't usually perpendicular to the edge. This can be wasteful, and it's not a visible part, so they were allowed to use two pieces.

This is appears randomly on all tunics- SS, Heer, LW, wool, reed green, etc, etc..

I agree...the 2 piece collar backs are not the greatest litmus test, but those with 3, 4, 5, or even 6 pieces matched in mirrored shapes and reverse sewn together are a great litmus test, as it is way too time consuming and complicated for fakers. It was not too time consuming for those using even the smallest scrap pieces to conserve precious materials during wartime.

Richard

Comment

My issue is not with the construction seam vertically down the collar, far from it, and I am well aware of the use of maximizing scrap matrial, Im talking about something quite different....its a pretty obvious thing if you look at good and bad ss tunics, imo, Im far from suggesting that there are not many here who dont know way more than I do, and please dont interpret this as some kind of misplaced arrogance. I have been studying these tunics...SS/Heer/Luft for 3 decades (like many here) and YES, I do get fooled when I dont pay attention to what I should.
                            .. I've handled enough late war ss tunics, wrappers, hbt, etc, to notice a distinct pattern, and Im also quite sure many others know exactly what Im speaking of. Its not a litmus test, its like buying a car, you don't say "good car, the tires are nice, must run well", you have to consider the whole package, and what Im referring to is just another piece of the puzzle. Fakers have caught on to it, I've seen them, but those fall short for other reasons, cloth used, stitching, sewing..stampings, materials, cut, hardware, they still can't reproduce everything 100 percent.
                            That being said re tunics (combat) I know sh*t about the other 80 percent of the 3rd reich collectables out there....I focus on what I like/collect. And yes, I do get burned still on tunics when I dont listen to what I should, and let my feelings speak louder than my logic/brain. I just get burned LESS.
                            Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 09-06-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by n160 View Post

See above, Im not referring to this construction seem (vertical) at all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X