X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 Dot Camo Jacket

Hi guys,

I have some questions.
    - The M44 Dot camo jacket was sometimes worn by Hermann Göring Division troops, right?
    - What is a current fair price for a non-altered or messed with jacket, without the sleeve eagle?

Any tips where to look?

Greetings Edgar

DR Strangerlove wears one while jogging through central park on sundays while running to Strawberry fields for a before breakfast yoga session.

owen

Comment

And a leopard print silk lined one-piece panzer overall at playtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftwaffe44 View Post
        Hi guys,

I have some questions.
        - The M44 Dot camo jacket was sometimes worn by Hermann Göring Division troops, right?
        - What is a current fair price for a non-altered or messed with jacket, without the sleeve eagle?

Any tips where to look?

Greetings Edgar
        I can't remember having seen a HG (or other LW field unit member) wearing a dot tunic. I am not saying this is impossible, I am sure you'll find a picture of a KM guy wearing one, just that I can't remember a picture showing that exact combination. I think that dot uniforms were worn on a very limited scale among LW units....very much unlike ss smocks and helmet covers.

So what they were issued were ss smocks and ss helmet covers and that's about it. My theory is that they made a trade deal with the SS, the LW gave paratrooper gear and received ss camo smocks and regular ss helmet covers. That probably happened when the ss paratrooper units were raised and that was long before dot items were introduced.

A nice four pocket dot tunic should run you 2500-3500 euros, it depends on where you buy it and how quick you want one.

Cheers

Comment

Agreed.

The HG Division were issued W-SS type smocks and helmet covers not dot camo' jackets.

Regards,
          Chris.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X