SS officer's belt & Buckle Approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer's belt & Buckle Approval

I am selling this belt and buckle on E stand which I believe is good and have had others agree, but I still would like to put this up for discussion. It never hurts.

Thanks Guys
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

In my humble opinion, it is a FAKE buckle

Comment

It looks like a rather WORN and AGED fake buckle, in my also humble opinion.

Richard

Comment

If you guys think it's a fake, could you be more specific about what you don't like about it. I've had several knowledgeable ss collectors tell me it's a good piece. When my buddy picked this up from the veterans estate there was some army buckles and cloth insignia that all checked out.

Comment

IMO this buckle is 100% original
                    Regards
                    Ivan

Comment

My understanding is that the Z in the RZM should have a line tru the mid horizontal. There are some other small clues that indicate reproduction including tell tale signs on the reverse.
                      Search the web for other reproductions and compare.
                      Any more details on the leather belt? More photos would help the cause.
                      Steve
                      (Wolfslair)

Comment

100% original

Comment

The back markings are crude and do not appear as if they were made by a factory stamping but rather a cheap inacurate method, perhaps casting, all one has to do is compare this buckle to an original. The front buckle wear and age looks absolutely fake and entirely inconsistent with the back. This set was recently offered on a website https://www.blackcrossmilitaria.com/...2ffe0bf4960ea8 for under $1,500, if this was an original rig it would have been a bragain at least twice that. The original price on the web was most likely due to a doubt in its originality. This is just an obseravation, but the rig speaks for itself, and IMHO it is an obvious fake. You should post this on he buckle forum, there are gurus there that would instantly furnish more opinions.

Comment

I will definitely put this up on the Buckle forum. My friend had this consigned with black cross, but after no luck with his site and the high consignment fee he pulled it back, Im now offering it on WAF. I still say this is a winner. He's just one of those guys that finds those good pieces from the vets families. As for the price,I recently picked up a all matching mauser luger with holster from him for $650. If he gets it good, he usually sells it good. I obviously stand by the rules on E-stand and anyone would have their inspection period.

Jason

Comment

I have a fake buckle that came with an original belt. The price was for the belt only, and the buckle was tossed in. I brought it out and compared. They sure seem to match to me....but I could be wrong.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X