m43 ss panzer cap on estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m43 ss panzer cap on estand

Hi folks . Can i please have your professional opinions on the ss m43 panzer cap being offered on estand before i send off my pennies. Many thanks

No comments anyone ???????

Comment

If I were you..I would put my pennies back in my pocket.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        If I were you..I would put my pennies back in my pocket.

Glenn

I agree with Glenn - get those pennies back in your pocket fast !!!

One quick tell tale sign is someone has roughed up the stitching around the button holes so you can't see it.

Plus the price - I know sometimes there are great bargains on the estand but I highly doubt someone is willing to sell an original pre 1945 SS Panzer cap that low.

Comment

Is this the one offered by biohazard69 on the Estand?
          If this is so, issomeone going to call him out on it?
          Is a moderator going to become involved and pull the ad? Is this person known to sell a lot of fakes or did he just goof up???
          What about the M40 Waffen SS sidecap that he has, that is, if this is the M43 that you are referring to???
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=534941
          Puzzled,
          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by waffen44 View Post
            Hi folks . Can i please have your professional opinions on the ss m43 panzer cap being offered on estand before i send off my pennies. Many thanks
            if its this one
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=532870

save your money the cap is not original ss panzer cap

i hope nobody bought the army bergmutze he had for sale as well it was another stinker,i can not find the sale link
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

ha ha - Biohazard - what an appropriate name he chose.

That was the only SS Panzer M43 cap I could see for sale.

Waffen44 - you would be better off buying this Dachau one

http://therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Otherhdgr/hg42.htm

Comment

Im not trying to cheat anybody
                Thi is my fault that I dont check all items.
                Worst fakes I bought on yours banner's sites
                I never receved my money back.
                Thanks for all opinions !
                Regards
                J.

Comment

IMO this is good black panzer M43 cap.
                  ,when M43 cap does not have distinct trails for insigna
                  ,does not have peculiar signatures it isnt known it Wh or SS cap.
                  Differences in these hats are scienefiction of Waf.
                  All next with or in all threads
                  they should support theire opinions By knowledge not drawings.
                  Nice fun.
                  Cheers
                  Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post

i hope nobody bought the army bergmutze he had for sale as well it was another stinker,i can not find the sale link
                    Still, if this is the case, wouldn't it be good that such items should always be brought to discussion in order not to create any doubt? That the Forum will be more self regulating I mean? As far as possible.

I do understand that some members don't want to become some kind of "Forum police", just because they have the knowledge or gain the trust and that we all have our own responsibility to do some research ourselves..., but I'm still under the impression that the filtering of bad items occured better in the old set up (although on the negative side good things turned in to bad in an evening as well, as did the creation of pointless remarks that damaged someones thread)... I guess it will indeed be difficult to find the golden rule or please everybody in the same time, but it almost appears that more frequently bad stuff finds it's way to the E-stand. (Yes, I'm guilty as well not to blow the horn all the time).

PS for the record, I was not the purchaser of the Bergmutze

F.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
                      Still, if this is the case, wouldn't it be good that such items should always be brought to discussion in order not to create any doubt? That the Forum will be more self regulating I mean? As far as possible.

I do understand that some members don't want to become some kind of "Forum police", just because they have the knowledge or gain the trust and that we all have our own responsibility to do some research ourselves..., but I'm still under the impression that the filtering of bad items occured better in the old set up (although on the negative side good things turned in to bad in an evening as well, as did the creation of pointless remarks that damaged someones thread)... I guess it will indeed be difficult to find the golden rule or please everybody in the same time, but it almost appears that more frequently bad stuff finds it's way to the E-stand. (Yes, I'm guilty as well not to blow the horn all the time).

PS for the record, I was not the purchaser of the Bergmutze

F.

it gets tiring calling out bad items on the e-stand
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                        it gets tiring calling out bad items on the e-stand

Yeah it is a bit. But it's necessary. It gets messier after the fact - look at the thread with the Allgemeine SS visor that was purchased and the seller refused to give a refund, and the dealer refused to give a refund but would exchange the item for the last buyer.

They all should have given a refund even it it meant paying the last buyer installments - he should not have had to deal with the Dealer and take exchange items.

IN MY OPINION - of course.

Comment

Every year we start a discussion about these m43 "Paris" panzer cap with htb lining.

You could find easily a lot of pages... and pictures about "Dachau" m43 in wear.

However this cap isn't recognized as original from the SS collector comunity.

Sincerely i'll never would have this kind of item in my collection.

Again sincerely... i would not have in my collection also the Bill Shea panzer cap.

Original but without history... the usual dachau mint SS m43 panzer cap.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                            Every year we start a discussion about these m43 "Paris" panzer cap with htb lining.

You could find easily a lot of pages... and pictures about "Dachau" m43 in wear.

However this cap isn't recognized as original from the SS collector comunity.

Sincerely i'll never would have this kind of item in my collection.

Again sincerely... i would not have in my collection also the Bill Shea panzer cap.

Original but without history... the usual dachau mint SS m43 panzer cap.

I don't recall it having an HBT lining - but the rest of it looked like crap.

And guilio - just how many photos have you, or anyone else for that matter seen of any cap where the soldier is showing off the lining - I've never seen even one.

Comment

if i well remeber the m43 in estand had a htb lining. This is the cap i don't want. The cap of Shea is good as i said but i would not have it in my collection for taste reason. I don't like dachau funds.

Bye the way i spoken about the cut of Dachau and pictures posted in cloth section some months ago where we could see soldiers with black WSS m43 2 buttons and really similar to Dachau.

Question on htb lining and french founds in the same shop it's an hold history. And you know a lot about it cause you're an a skilled collector.

I prefer to don't consider this kind of m43 as original... this is my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X