SS Colar Tabs and NCO Shoulder Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Colar Tabs and NCO Shoulder Boards

I have had these for 30+ years, the Standartenfuhrer has an indistinct RZM on the back of the Oak Leaf, but no numbers, It used to be silver but when I was yuounger used to polish it . A or a please all critiques welcome
    Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:04 AM. Reason: Changed out scans for better 1's

#2 Reverse
    Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:08 AM.

Comment

#3 obverse #1 is identical to this except only 3 pips, Have not quite fiqured out my scanner yet
      Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:09 AM.

Comment

OK so #3 is upside down #4 reverse
        Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

#5 obverse
          Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:12 AM.

Comment

again if you look real close you will see the curse of my house "dog hair", #6 reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

#7 shoulder boards
              Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:16 AM.

Comment

#8 shoulder boards reverse
                Last edited by Laurence Strong; 05-30-2004, 10:19 AM.

Comment

come on people?

Comment

Laurence ,

If i were offered these i would pass on them all, sorry,
                    cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

Hi Gary Don't be sorry I asked for an opinion, I never really thought they be repros, for my education can you tell my why you would pass on them. I am going to post better pics here shortly

Comment

I don't know if these would be warning signs or not, but the pips on the shoulder boards strongly remind me of the metal insignia on a repro visor cap I've had at one point. That heavy pseudo-age that looks authentic...but maybe just a bit too much for the condition of the boards.

Comment

Hi Laurence, I would agree with Gary's opinion on these items. The faults I see are:

The Sturmbannfuhrer's runes and rank tab feature very thin undersized silver cord edging to both patches, poorly shaped SS runes, and undersized rank pips which are badly spaced on the patch. Brass pins are a feture found on many repro rank pips.

The SS Standartenfuhrer rank tab should be embroidered in fine silver wire and not a metal pinned on metal device. The wire eding on this is odd too.

The shoulder straps are perhaps the best copies of all the items you show and would possibly be worth seeling on to a re-enactor?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

OKay Thanks for the information from all. I am going to post a cap eagle and see what you think
                            Attached Files

Comment

It was silver when I first got it back in 68 and I polished it off. that might be a sing of a fake?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X