ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffen-SS Brigadeführer boards -> Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS Brigadeführer boards -> Any good?

Gents -

I friend of mine not organized on the web asked me to post these and ask for opinions.

Are these any good? I do like them, but have zero experience handling Waffen-SS versions.

They look large size to me, like for a coat?

Appreciating your input!

Markus
    Attached Files

additional views
    Attached Files

Comment

More
      Attached Files

Comment

last one
        Attached Files

Comment

Pearl gray is for SS, white is for Luftwaffe. I cannot tell, from the photos, determine the color of the base material.

The braid surely looks original and I like the shape of the boards. The only pause I have is the actual base material and the poorly done slits and holes on the attachment strap.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob-

Thanks for your input.

I would say they are pearl grey alright. I also only have these photos. I'd need to double check with my friend in Germany.

I can noy comment on the base mtrl, nor the slits, etc.

Any one else?

Markus

Comment

If you look at the side shots, you can see that the backing is grey with an additional piping of white- this makes no sense. I do like the braid portion, though...

Comment

Arran-

Thanks for your reply. Now I see it too and understand why
                Bob was so confused about the colours.

Could it be that they were a LW pair, converted into W-SS
                to make a better margin?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                  Pearl gray is for SS, white is for Luftwaffe. I cannot tell, from the photos, determine the color of the base material.

The braid surely looks original and I like the shape of the boards. The only pause I have is the actual base material and the poorly done slits and holes on the attachment strap.

Bob Hritz
                  I agree with Bob and others on the upper construction. That looks spot on. It is the double layer that is very interesting. The only thing I can think of would be a Luftwaffe (white general officer underlay), reserve (gray bottom underlay), general.

The gray bottom underlay seems a little light for the reserve gray shade, but stranger things have happened. It looks like there was a tiny slit instead of a punched hole for screw-on buttons. I think the slits were enlarged later by a collector/dealer, when the boards had in fact never been used, and they wanted to make them so they could be buttoned on, at least in theory.

That is my guess for the day. I like them.

Richard

Comment

boards

This is not the proper construction of SS Generals shoulderboards , no such thing as the extra waffenfarbe......
                    jim toncar

Comment

I completely missed the double backing. Yes, these would be Luftwaffe Generalmajor d. Reserve.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Gents,

I thank you all on behalf of my friend sitting there in Germany, throwing the towel (once more)....

It's amazing to me personally how many (even young folks) are still out there not organized on forums like this and falling for false pieces each and every day...There's a whole industry living off of that....

Thanks to you all again.

Best regards,
                        Markus

Comment

Markus,

At least these boards are original and are genuine general officer boards...just not as sexy as an SS general, but with a large following of collectors just the same. Most people wind up with total junk that aren't experienced, as your friend seems to be. Unless he way overpaid...his investment should be safe.

Congratulations from me to your friend!

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X