Totenkopf ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopf ring

Hi i have this ring with rubys eyes with hallmark 830 its original?.

Last edited by edelweiss1939; 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM.

A fantasy ring. Looks like Biker jewelry.

Comment

Is the last ring, is original but i need see more examples please : ).

Comment

The silver ring and the last ring on UNIFORM-DEGNER are very different.
        The silver skull looks like a baboon...

Comment

I am convinced that it is indeed a period ring.

The advertising add clearly states among the last ring: Rote Augen = red eyes.

And this one has red eyes - case clear to me.

Comment

ring

i too think original period ring
            marc or gaspare will be able to confirm
            cheers
            fraser

Comment

most skull rings were offered with the option of having glass eyes if you wanted them ..

This pattern was offered both prewar and directly postwar until recently..

Saying it match's the rings offered by Degner proves it being authentic isn't the way to authenticate. EVERY ring in that advert has been reproduced and reproduced very well. Besides, comparing the Degner bottom ring and this one is like comparing apples to oranges.

- This ring has been shopped around for a few months and I've seen other photos...The shallow design details, thick band,,and that content mark ruin it for me as a WW2 vintage..

It's certainly old and collectable in is own right as many 'premium rings / early postwar mens rings are worth even more than German WW2 vintage rings..
              - For me its a early postwar 'Mens ring'.

Comment

Looks like a high end pp ring....in its day. Proving who wore it is the problem....i say its possible.

Comment

Rings #60 and #80 are the same. Neusilber and also with red eyes. Not 830 if that mark is for real.

Comment

my humble opinion is, that is original from the period. More pictures attached.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

There are others that disagree with you... It is an old ring for sure,,enjoy it...........

Comment

It is a neat ring for sure.......always thought the 830# is the silver grade as apposed to a part number.

Comment

the 830 stamp IS the silver content.. But these die stamps are made very well, clear, with depth, and one piece.. That 8 has problems.
                          Not 100% damming for the ring,,the shallow details is more a problem. Wartime examples have good detailing even when worn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X