Cyanide brass capsule container or Cyanide Ampoule container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyanide brass capsule container or Cyanide Ampoule container

I am hoping that someone here has actually seen, held in hand, or is the owner of one of these Cyanide Brass Ampoule containers to shed light on my question towards the end of this posting. I have done as much due deligence reading various opinions, including, but not limited to
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nide+container and various others here on WAF.. but i'll tell you why i'm bringing this up again
    Attached Files

replicas for sale...
    Attached Files

Comment

few more variations.. ?real vs fake...
      Attached Files

Comment

closeup..
        Attached Files

Comment

some pics of member's posting
          Attached Files

Comment

..couple more
            Attached Files

Comment

cap ends...
              Attached Files

Comment

...interesting story for the history buffs!

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...war-diary.html

short version:

The final moments of Nazi Heinrich Himmler can be revealed 65 years after his suicide following the discovery of an old soldier's war diaries.
                Corporal Harry Oughton Jones wrote an account of his top-secret encounter with the head of Hitler's SS police force while he was stationed at a prison camp at the end of the war.
                According to his personal recollections, Hitler's number two bit on a cyanide capsule and dropped down dead.
                And while Himmler's final words are widely believed to have been: 'I am Heinrich Himmler', according to the diaries he laughed in the face of a young officer before swallowing the pill.
                Unbeknown to the British, Himmler was among the German soldiers captured after the Nazi surrender - disguised in a sergeant's uniform with a patch over one eye.
                But his ruse was blown by his own shocked comrades who immediately informed their British captors of Himmler's presence.
                Corporal Jones - then 27 - and another officer were tasked with challenging Himmler before he took his life.
                According to the diary he scoffed: 'You my boy are just a young captain and to take me I want to see your colonel in charge.'
                His account continued: 'As we made to get him he just put his hand to his mouth and before we got to him he dropped dead on the bed.'
                Two days later and under the cover of darkness, Corporal Jones helped bury Himmler in an unmarked grave on Luneburg Heath, in northern Germany.
                He was made to sign the Official Secrets Act and told never to speak of the matter again.
                The episode has been classified by the Ministry of Defence until 2045 - 100 years after the momentous event.
                Due to the level of secrecy involved, there have been various speculative accounts of Himmler's death over the years, with one being that he took cyanide while being examined by a British doctor.
                But the actual circumstances of his demise have emerged
                Attached Files

Comment

... ok

now here's the one i've come across.. is it just another fake variation or the real deal? in particular, how the number "4" stamped, amongst other slight variations
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have read that Himmlers body was later exhumed and cremated, but others insist his body is still out the on the heath.

Comment

It has the correct rectal irritation threads referenced in the book! otherwise

Comment

This is a tough one, pics are not enough !!!
                        Last edited by Obergruppen2; 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM. Reason: comment added

Comment

He wrote: 'The commanding officer and his staff...had a pow waw to find out if all was true. The talks went on for quite a long time.

'There was also high ranking German officers brought in to see the body, then it was taken away.

'Our major came to us and said we had to follow him to the battalion office and we were told we had not mention anything that happened and gave us a secret acts document to sign.'
                          Corporal Jones later wrote of how he was part of a group who then buried Himmler before a truck drove back and forth across the grave to smooth it down.

He wrote: 'The place was not to be told to anyone for if some fanatical Germans got to hear about it they would have dug up the coffin and made a big parade with his body and made a martyr and worshipped (sic) him like a God.'

The secret episode 'weighed heavily' on Corporal Jones' mind over the years until he penned his astonishing eye-witness account aged 70 in 1988.

His grandson, 34, now intends to turn the diaries into a book.

The service manager for a Newcastle air conditioning company said: 'I read his diaries when I was a bit younger and was blown away by them. To think my grandfather, just a fellow from County Durham, was involved in an historic moment like that.

'The British government have told me my grandfather's records, like all the
                          (that's cpl Jones at age 27!)
                          Attached Files

Comment

..here's a side view.. & only last picture of it
                            Attached Files

Comment

oh... & why i'm interested in this, as Chris had asked whiles back, well, i have in-laws!! although, this maybe a cheaper way to go!

M-44 Device for
                              Local Predator Control
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X