Need info LSSAH - 1/Flak Abt LSSAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info LSSAH - 1/Flak Abt LSSAH

Need some very basic info on the 1/Flak Abt LSSAH on 25 Jan 44. Where were they? Where had they been? Can anyone point me to some basic info to help me with a caption for a magazine article?

Thanks!

LAH-flak

Hello Nick,

After the battle for the Bulge (Ardennes) the LAH, including the FLAK-abteilung,
    was transported in the second half of january by railroad from the area Euskirchen-Koln-Bonn to northern-Germany, then east of Berlin to the south again in the direction of Hungary, where the FLAK-abteilung arrived from 10 - 15 february in Komoron and Hegyeshalum.

Hope this info helps.

greetings,
    Ton

Comment

Thanks! That is a great start!

Comment

Komárom, Hegyeshalom more pecisely. If You want to find it on G-Earth.

Comment

......although you have been referring to the 25th Jan 1945. The question was for 1944.

On 25th Jan 1944 the LSSAH were in day two of a counter offensive launched on the morning of 24th Jan 1944 west of Vinnitsa as part of Army Group South, this was to last a week or so.

I don't know if the unit you are referring to was involved or not, but others no doubt will know.

Cheers
          Tietze.

Comment

Ah - that is even better. Yes, I need it for 44. Anyone know if this unit was part of this action?
            Thanks!

Comment

flak-LAH

Hello all,

Sorry my fault! I read 1945 instead of 1944....
              The first weeks of 1944 the FLAK-abteilung was devided in several battlegroups (Kampfgruppen). From the 16th january 1944 untill the of frbruary the FLAK-abteilung was stationed in Lossowa, 55 km east of Proskurow. The LAH division was then replaced by the 371 infanterydivision and refreshed near the frontline.

Greets.

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X