Assorted SS cloth insignias & boards for ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assorted SS cloth insignias & boards for ID

Quite a "complex" question here, but can anyone chime in on the originality (and eventual known maker) for these insignias?

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 267pt;" width="356" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 267pt;" width="356"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 267pt;" width="356" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Not much original to be seen here I am sorry to say.

The last shoulder straps pair might have a chance though.

//Felix

Comment

Are realy the ss tabs shown here fakes? I hope that some of the more experienced collectors, the ones that have handled their fair share of tabs, can make a comment on these. They would definitively have fooled me!

Comment

Tabs

Let's see the backs of the tabs. By the way, Felix has "handled" more than his fair share of insignia.

Charles Betz
        Last edited by C. Betz; 07-18-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Hei, I have been watching over the items a couple of times; i am not into enlistedmans insignia, but i would guess that you dont have to strip the tunic to get a verdict over the insignia: Just wait some more time to get other experts opinions on these items. As for me i certanly would not have bought the sleevfe eagle. And I would have been very sceptical about all of the straps ... But that is from my point of wiew ... Hope that you will get a perfecly good FF tunic in your collection! T.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
            Not much original to be seen here I am sorry to say.

The last shoulder straps pair might have a chance though.

//Felix
            must say, i'm in agreement with felix, sorry
            can i ask though, is the eagle a known copy?
            thanks,
            wisches

Comment

I would say the eagle and possibly the first (top) collar tab stands a good chance of being original, pending a reverse photo. I like the material of the tab, and am hoping the angle on the collar has made it look so squat.

regards, Robert

Comment

Eagle: It is not of my competance to say anything about that. About straps, guess that the english & americans are better than me on that issue also. Though, I'd kind of like the "right" collar tab. Best Thormod

Comment

Thank you for the inputs so far! Sorry I haven't been able to follow up, but the good weather has kept me away from the internett!

Here are some pictures of the back as requested, and also a cuff title I wonder about. Hope these pictures can shed some new light over these insignias!

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 267pt;" width="356" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 267pt;" width="356"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 267pt;" width="356" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Comment

I believe the Westland is fine, but wait for more knowledgable collectors to comment.

Comment

Yes, the Westland cuff is a very nice one, and a rare version!

Yes, the sleeve eagle is a known repro. Both rune tabs are bad.

//Felix

Comment

Tabs

After seeing reverse of the tabs, they are bad. Cuff title, as Felix stated, is good.

Charles Betz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X