Tunic for SS Brigadeführer Walter Ortlepp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic for SS Brigadeführer Walter Ortlepp

I have searched the forums and haven't managed to find a discussion about this tunic. It has been on sale for a while now.

http://therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Uniforms/u060.htm

One would think, a white tunic being quite desireable and rare.

What are the issues with it? Is it the price or the tunic itself?

Thanks
    Last edited by robs; 07-13-2011, 10:11 PM.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tunic itself, other than the incorrect shoulder board...I don't think the pics really do it justice, and a bit more research on the original owner might help to move something like this...

Comment

I suspect that the wite tunics are not as desirable as the field-gray or even Algemeine tunics of a similar rank, and the price undoubtedly gives one pause - you could get a nice new car for that!

Don

Comment

The SD diamond is missing as well.

Comment

diamond missing , wrong shoulder board.... Seems little pricey to me.
          he'll still own this for awhile longer. still a very nice item , with "known" history. jeff

Comment

Ok I love white tunics,I also believe a big part of this is the material of the tunic,its ugly!The rough waffle style cloth.Its not the usual nice white cloth of say the Himmler tunic,or other known white tunics.Lets face it we like to have items that look well.That combined with the ratty replaced board,missing diamond,and that ugly brown belt he has it displayed with doesnt help.Why even put a belt on this if your going to use one that obviously was NEVER worn by an SS man.I think alot of it is presentation too.

Comment

You can also present gold in an awful way and smart people will still recognize it as gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                You can also present gold in an awful way and smart people will still recognize it as gold.

Comment

Yes but not all lookers are smart!
                  Presentation is a big point for sales in any field.I bet if the tunic was displayed with a nice brocade belt and a white topped cap,it would have a better chance.You cant disagree with that.Price is everything ofcourse,but how you sell.../present/display.... the piece is also a large variable.It lets you see what it can look like dressed up.

Comment

The best hauls can be made from guys who have zero clue and don´t care how to present fine pieces (and themselves) but who have the senses to know where to get these out of the open - and nothing else matters.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X