Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS BEVO collar tabs

Hi everybody,
    I'm asking help from someone who is more expert than I am.
    I'm going to post pictures of 3 different bevo collar tabs, with some differences:
    number 1) is the one I'm quite sure about. It's appearence is "silky" (more rayon), and at touch with the finger you feel the runes are thicher than the black background. I'm afraid that all this doesn't show clearly from pictures.
    number 2) recently bought from a good reputated dealer
    number 3) in my collection from many years, but I'm not sure of it, mainly for its "less brilliant/silky appearence (more cotton or what?), but more similar to number 2 than 1.
    Please note that some misshaping of the runes is due to the condition of buckram backing, present in all three.
    SO: IS SOME OF THESE A REPRO (HOPE AT LEAST NOT ALL OF THEM....)?
    ARE CURRENT REPRO SO NICE?
    I'M I JUST PARANOIC, AND THE SLIGHT DIFFERENCES ARE DUE TO DIFFERENT MANIFACTURERS?
    ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED, EVEN OPINIONS!!!
    Thanks a lot
    Daniele
    Last edited by Daniele Tirelli; 06-07-2007, 09:55 AM.

COLLAR TAB NUMBER 2

Originally posted by MG42
    Hi everybody,
    I'm asking help from someone who is more expert than I am.
    I'm going to post pictures of 3 different bevo collar tabs, with some differences:
    number 1) is the one I'm quite sure about. It's appearence is "silky" (more rayon), and at touch with the finger you feel the runes are thicher than the black background. I'm afraid that all this doesn't show clearly from pictures.
    number 2) recently bought from a good reputated dealer
    number 3) in my collection from many years, but I'm not sure of it, mainly for its "less brilliant/silky appearence (more cotton or what?), but more similar to number 2 than 1.
    Please note that some misshaping of the runes is due to the condition of buckram backing, present in all three.
    SO: IS SOME OF THESE A REPRO (HOPE AT LEAST NOT ALL OF THEM....)?
    ARE CURRENT REPRO SO NICE?
    I'M I JUST PARANOIC, AND THE SLIGHT DIFFERENCES ARE DUE TO DIFFERENT MANIFACTURERS?
    ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED, EVEN OPINIONS!!!
    Thanks a lot
    Daniele

Comment

Collar Tab Number 3

Comment

MG42,
        All three look ok. To be sure, can you post pics showing all 3 tabs together, front/back?
        Regards,
        Fred

Comment

All look good to me as well.
          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Daniele,
            all 3 are good, these type of patches are very stretchy as well, so the runic emblem gets distorted, do a search as i started a thread called BeVo runic collar patches, there are countless examples in there,
            cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Thank you so much Fldjr.,Tony and Gary! I'm very happy with this good new!
              To Fldjr.: I'll try to do it as soon as a friend of mine will lend again his digital camera to me.
              Any way they all have standard "buckram" (hope is correct...) backing.
              Thanks again
              Daniele

Originally posted by Gary Wood
              Daniele,
              all 3 are good, these type of patches are very stretchy as well, so the runic emblem gets distorted, do a search as i started a thread called BeVo runic collar patches, there are countless examples in there,
              cheers,
              Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X