Panzer ss boards opinions.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felix View Post
    The thing that really bothers me about the boards posted by Gisle is that the button key holes completely lacks the bar tacking at the end of the loops. I have never seen this trait before on any other verified originals. That alone would make my shy away from these boards. Key holes on original boards or straps comes in two versions, proper key holes with bar tacking, or slits (lacking bar tacking).

//Felix
    Felix,
    do you mean, exactly like the two boards posted by Bob??
    I think i understand
    wisches

Comment

Originally posted by wisches View Post
      Felix,
      do you mean, exactly like the two boards posted by Bob??
      I think i understand
      wisches
      I think that both examples from M Hritz have the "bar tacked" key holes, and they are different from the shoulder boards in question. The slit style is completely different.

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by wisches View Post
        the boards in question look as if they have woollen piping. is this never seen in ss boards?? i know its not favoured but have originals ever been encountered?? the luft tress [or is it early ss?]i'm sure has been seen on originals....
        I like the construction but the fact the reverse seems more 'aged' than the front does concern me!!
        HELP!!!!
        wisches
        I'am concening the piping on the subject boards, looks like it s not a viscosa piping and wrong in weave

Comment

Piping

Originally posted by espenlaub View Post
          I'am concening the piping on the subject boards, looks like it s not a viscosa piping and wrong in weave
          To me, the piping looks perfectly fine. It looks like smooth rayon piping.
          Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X