SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totenkopf Cuff Title - Good or Bad? Opinions Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

If good, great. If bad, please show pictures of known good specimens, or else be specific in describing this one's flaws. Thank you!

Comment

Looks like a bad repro for me

Comment

This is a copy. Apparantly, it is an attempt at making a hand embroidered Totenkopf look like a machine woven flatwire BeVo example. Although the worksmanship is not bad, no such type of embroidery was used on SS cuff titles.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I agree with Bob's comments above and add, the weave of the band is a current 7 stand fake, these cuff titles are being sold by Soldat at $25.00 each for re-enactors.
            below are some other examples done in this style,
            cheers,
            Gary
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

these cuff's are made in Pakistan by a company ***************
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 05-21-2004, 01:57 PM. Reason: Name of company edited do not want anyone to give them more business

Comment

here they are at work
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gary.
                      That's a fantastic picture of the seamstress.
                      It obviously pays them to do a quality job these days.
                      Robin.

Comment

Be charitable Robin, now you can authenticate all the Standarten that are seemingly appearing everywhere And each one with a vet battle story

Can these really be more profitable than hand embroidered Elvis memorials? No, no

Comment

Brian,

The flag trade cost $167.00, the totenkopf trade cost is $3.50, some of there stuff was nearly right from the photo's so they have been fed good infomation!!!!!!!!!!!!,

cheers,

Gary

Comment

Gary,
                            Cool picture of the standarte maker at work. Is "trade cost" the price that this guy gets for making the flag? What do they sell for retail?
                            Regards,
                            Fred

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                            Brian,

The flag trade cost $167.00, the totenkopf trade cost is $3.50, some of there stuff was nearly right from the photo's so they have been fed good infomation!!!!!!!!!!!!,

cheers,

Gary

Comment

Caption read, "Here I am showing the Condor Legion Standarte to Adolph Galland. His comment was, "my God, where did you find my flag?"."

Well, could be. Could be... As Galland died several years ago, could be... I never accepted this as the Condor Legion flag but always had a glimmer of doubt that maybe it 'could be'.

But this old warrior lived until 1996 and I'm sure the Pakis were at it.

Nevertheless, here is one of my heroes with 'his flag' regardless of origin.

Believe it went for several thousand on eBay when I pulled these photos.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X