No announcement yet.

SS "Gruppenfuhrer" Leather Panzer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like them very much too, clearly inspired by SS pz. wrap. My daily wrap 'D2' the best and one of only 160 ever made. sorry could not resist but isn't cool jacket thanks to SS pz.wraps!

Comment

Yes , very Mad Max .. Here's one discussion on the real KM issue " wrap " kombi ( pic below shown by Gordon Williamson ) >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er+Panzer+wrap
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
        These wraps and pants pop up often..many believe they are NSKk..I've handled two sets..they all seem period to me..I think that is accepted..first one I've seen with the Habelt tag..a friend of mine got stuck with a pair..pants/jacket..for 6k...he really had no idea and got suckered..I've seen the whole set for 1k..or less..they are not really rare.and all these sets are pretty unissued....dont know much more about them..some pop up as "luft" flight jackets..as HG wrappers..and etc etc..all the insignia even if good on the ones I've seen are Im sure postwar done..they are cool sets...if you can get one cheap..

Scott, the wrap in this thread is not the same type (only a reproduction facsimile) as the type that you are referring to above. As for the period leather wraps, I have never found one shred of evidence that they had anything at all to do with the NSKK. I know that Jack Angola did a bit on that in his book on the NSKK, but again there is no evidence presented their and I see no basis for the claim....even if most everyone now believes it as fact.

There is no question and a mound of evidence and indeed rock solid proof that these sets (not the fake junk at the top of this thread) had a KM connection either developed for them or used by them in mass numbers. There is also a lot of evidence that some at least were used by PZ formations...A photos of HG PZ officers wearing them in 1944 and compelling evidence of some SS and Heer PZ personnel using them as well.

Comment

Phil..that pic posted above is one of the two I was referring to..honestly I had no idea they were faking these things..the set I know of is not marked this way...and I've never seen one as I mentioned with the famous Luft makers tag..
          Like I mentioned...I am unaware of the real issue use of these sets...if its KM..thats great...I'm sure other pz guys used them..just like there are many many photos mostly of SS Tiger crews from Kursk onwards wearing the SS hbt flak jacket..and trousers...or combinations thereof...with and without insignia. They may have had one intended use..but served the other uses just as well or better.

Comment

That "Bekleidungsfbriek Habelt Krailsheim, Wurttemburg (194_)" tag is a known fake...
            been around for decades...I've seen rolls and rolls of these as far back as the late 80's!!
            The leather wrapper is also not from WW2!
            RUN!
            Last edited by NickG; 06-29-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Your right Nick..I confused it with the Heisler or Stirwa..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X