Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with tunic and head on a dealers site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with tunic and head on a dealers site.

Gents,

this is not my field,but nevertheless a magic ensemble.What do the experts think about the offering here :real or bad !?

Here : https://www.weitze.net/detail/85/Waf...1__147585.html

Thanks.

All the tunic & cap insignia (Hicke eagle & Overhoff skull) are original.

Given his track record I wouldn't buy boiled sweets from this guy though, sleep with dogs you wake up with fleas.

Ian

Comment

Everything looks good except the dealer likes to sell put together items so caveat emptor.

Comment

Although the sweat shield looks "plasticy", it could just be the thinner celluloid that was sometimes used...the rest of it? Flawless, but not necessarily "untouched"...

Comment

Not that easy to judge from some "masked" photos, but so far all the insignias seems to be originals. That is not bad as a start, as these insignias alone cost a small fortune. Original flat wire eagle, and rank tab, and most importantly the cuff title in this case. Boards looks fine as well. SS TK having a "1" cyphper is to be nothed, which could be a transfer from SS TV. The Skull tab has to be checked out further though (unmasked photo). Question is when the insignias were applied....

Jacket seems rather mint and yet has some wear on the buttons. No traces of wear of medals as where the loops on the chest are placed. I will leave the judgement on the jacket itself to others.

Officer visor cap:
          Seems to have a Hicke M 167 eagle in zink and an Overhoff skull.
          I am not fond of the sweat diamond though. Looks modern and soft.

Cheers
          //Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X