Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Helmet cover Opinions please...

Hey Guys,

I've had this for about 5 years, paid very little for it in Europe. I believe its good but like to hear your opinions....
    Attached Files

another view
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse front
      Attached Files

Comment

side again
        Attached Files

Comment

clips
          Attached Files

Comment

It's a halfway decent looking reproduction. The various camo material was taken from original SS zeltbahns. But once again the rocker clips are the give away that the cover is no good. The clips are newly made which the fakers have weathered up to show some rust.

Always remember the first rule of detecting a fake SS helmet cover is to look at the rocker clips. They need to have the crimped straight line where the metal clip folds over and wraps around the rocker pin. One day soon I will post a closeup photo of a real rocker clip. Then you will see the night and day difference of a real vs. fake one.

Remy <><
            Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 05-17-2004, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you Remy for your input at least one person spent some time. Please post pics of the proper clips. My friend has been collecting for about 25 years and said it was a good one....He picked it up at a open market years before reenacting was possible in Eastern Europe. Reenacting was not possible during Communist rule so it does not have me convinced that it was a repro. Now, my friend said that germans themselves used scrap pieces of cammo to build some of these covers, who knows. I'd like to believe that it is good but...

I'll still like a bit more feedback from you guys.

Also was there different types of rockers or was only one variation made?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X