X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss M36 tunic any good?

I've had this tunic for quite a while now,

I know the insignia where resewn and taken off at some time,
    but now the jacket itself god me wondering...

I've never seen such narrow plated front breast pockets before...

I hope everything turns out, but your expertise would mean a lot to me

thanks in advance my friends

PS. my apologies, I just got myself a mac, and just can't get the pictures turned the right way... (I know what you are thinking now )
    Attached Files

some more
    Attached Files

Comment

and some more
      Attached Files

Comment

last...
        Attached Files

Comment

It's an original Heer tunic- it's not an SS made or SS contract tunic. The collar is too narrow, the lining is Heer pattern and the sizing isn't right (for SS).

I'm not sure about the odd pleats on the breast pockets. They don't appear to have been replaced- unless they went to alot of trouble and took the lining loose. Maybe a factory screwball. Despite many misconceptions of teutonic perfection, even M36 tunics were made with mistakes. I have owned a few.

Comment

Originally posted by n160 View Post
            It's an original Heer tunic- it's not an SS made or SS contract tunic. The collar is too narrow, the lining is Heer pattern and the sizing isn't right (for SS).

I'm not sure about the odd pleats on the breast pockets. They don't appear to have been replaced- unless they went to alot of trouble and took the lining loose. Maybe a factory screwball. Despite many misconceptions of teutonic perfection, even M36 tunics were made with mistakes. I have owned a few.
            Thanks for that,
            I was aware it is originally a Heer tunic, I was only wondering about it's originality

thanks again for you input!!!

Comment

yeah you can see the heer style litzen where they were and i think i can see where the breast eagle was too

Comment

You can also see where the Heer colar tabs were. There`re remains of the sewing under the colar.

kind regards

Uli

PS: I like your M43 great tunic!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,

I know it's a heer tunic, but the previous owner has restored it as an ss tunic.

I got it for a fair price including the ss eagle, so I'm not bothering the restoration at the moment
                  I hope the new threads will not leave marks as the old ones do...

kindest regards and thanks once again,

Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X