GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand Embroderd Sleeve Eagle - Please Opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Embroderd Sleeve Eagle - Please Opinions!

1-2
    Attached Files

3-4
    Attached Files

Comment

5-6
      Attached Files

Comment

7-8
        Attached Files

Comment

9-10
          Attached Files

Comment

11-12
            Attached Files

Comment

Dear All! This one have just arrived, and I am very interested in opinions on it. As far as I can see its a good eagle, but I am not an expert and would therefore be happy to get your Expert opinions.
              Best regards Thormod

Comment

Hello. Not an expert !!! not a fan of it. wreath & swastika seam way to thick.
                beak a little long too. thread used on the wings does not look right. looks like what you can find today in craft stores.
                again , I might be an idiot...... jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jh-ss44 View Post
                  Hello. Not an expert !!! not a fan of it. wreath & swastika seam way to thick.
                  beak a little long too. thread used on the wings does not look right. looks like what you can find today in craft stores.
                  again , I might be an idiot...... jeff
                  Hello Jeff, and thanks for your opinion! Other opinions? Best, Thormod

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Looks like an original to me.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Looks like an original to me.

Listen to John Pic. He has made a great study of hand embroidered SS sleeve eagles.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Eagle

I have never seen another verified original as the style posted in this thread. There exists a few strangely designed eagles for sure, but this one does not fit in IMHO. Proportions are strange. I think it tries to look like or 'mimic' the so called "Karl Wolff" style SS officers sleeve eagle. Please note that there are no details of the feet of the eagle or legs. I also react on the wear, that seems a bit strange.

Around 2 years ago one person asked me if I could give my opinions on a collection of SS officer eagles he wished to sell. This eagle and another eagle posted on a dealers site were part of the group. There were a few nice originals and few very questionable. I commented to the owner (or seller) that the eagle in qestion and the other eagle I mentioned would not be original eagles IMO. In fact I viewed them as fakes. The other questionable eagle that I mentioned exhibited artificial wear. It resembles traits that a series of fakes had that came to the market 5-10 years ago. But yet not exactly the same. It also differs from known originals and the wear is without a doubt artifical.

The intial eagle has also got more wear now, than on the pitures sent to me for evaluation. It could possible have occuced during the shipping.

The initial eagle is not an eagle I am comfortable with.

I would pass on the eagle in this thread. I would advise you to play it safe and return the eagle.

//Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X