ss armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you All

I want to thank all of you for all the opinions and comments. One little issue, is my armband good??
    Thank you once again.
    -Agnes

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
      First off all of you missed the NAIL in the coffin here!!!Only ONE STITCH ROW PER BLACK STRIPE ON REAR OF BAND!!!THERE MUST BE TWO!!!!as a rule!!!

Also Vertical/Horizontal ribs mean NOTHING,Ive had 3 without question SS like this and have a few original tunicss with SA wool bands that have the horizontal ribbing on the white roundel,that is fine .But in this case this one is bad but do to the rear stitch rows,there is NO real armband with one row of stitching,its in the manufacturing that they have 2 rows per stripe.

Please take a look at this one that was veteran acquired along with a number of other items that were victims of the "critters" over the years.

Only one row of stitching.

What do you think?

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

One row!

Very interesting Ron. I will try to work up a summary later tonight.
                  Cannot do it now.

Comment

Armband

For sure your vet acquired armband with the single stitch row is an authentic period piece. The number of stitch rows on the back of the armband is irrelevant in judging an armband as authentic or not. I think from this thread, we have seen, 1,2 3 and 4 stitch rows used. The subject armband of this thread with a single stitch row on the reverse side and horizontal white circle may not be liked by certain collectors, but those traits alone do not make it a fake. Less desirable, but not a fake from the images provided IMO.

Comment

I want to thank all of you for all hellp !

Best Regards,
                      Agnes

coin store 424.jpg

coin store 426.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1890465[/ATTACH]

Comment

Could this be one with a single row of stitching ? Apparently in 2004 noone noticed .. >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=79687

Comment

Single stitch row

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                            Could this be one with a single row of stitching ? Apparently in 2004 noone noticed .. >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=79687
                            It looks that way, yes. A nice original example also.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X