WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could anybody help me with this TK ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could anybody help me with this TK ring?

Hi. I have just purchased a TK ring on the forum. It has engraved:

S. Lb. Bannasch 10.6.44 H. Himmler.

If any of you have the Dienstalterslisten from the year 44 and can check it, please I would like to know if any Ernst Bannasch appears there. Don Boyle, the expert in TK rings, told the seller of the ring that one Ernst Bannasch appeared apart from one Otto Bannasch. Nobody can help me with this?

The SS number of Ernst Bannasch is: 460815

Please help!

Ernst appears as a Hauptsturmfuehrer within the Juli 1944 list, but this edition does not specify the awards and decorations received.

You will need to check earlier editions in an efforst to disqualify Ernst, or pull his personnel file.

I did not see Ernst in the later 1944 editions so perhaps a check with the Volksbund is in order as well.

Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Ring

Late issue rings, especially 21.12.44 issues, are often difficult to research. This is due to the deteriorating conditions from the war. Personell records are often incomplete. John Moore helped me research the recipient of my totenkopfring, and had to narrow it down to the MOST LIKELY recipient. I was lucky because the spelling of his name was unusual. The name is "Koehl". In Germany, this name is almost always spelled "Kohl" with an umlaut. There were only 3"Koehls" found among all the SS records. The service records of 2 of them made it either unlikely or impossible to have received the award. He DID send me the personal service record of Werner Koehl, an electrician in the Allgemeine SS. There was NO totenkopfring award notation on his records, which really bummed me out. But when you see that he received the 1931 SA-Treffen Braunschweig award, served briefly in the Wehrmacht, and was comissioned as an officer in the SS, where there are notations in his records up until early 1944, he's 95% likely the right guy, according to Mr. Moore. The late date on the ring (21.12.44) also supports this theory. IMHO, his length of service, and the fact that he earned the SA-Treffen award as an "Old Fighter" would have qualified him for the award. I hope this helps :-)

Comment

Thank you so much Mike and sgstandard. So in my case is also likely that being a ring awarded the 10.6.44, it was no recorded due to the late date and deteriorating conditions of the war? It's a pity...
        Last edited by Gernika81; 06-10-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X