SS Armband - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Armband - opinions?

SS armband. The RZM label is missing from rear - opinions please.
    Thanks
    Jim
    Attached Files

In my opinion I do not like it. The black bands are not wide enough to me and the swas is wrong.

Comment

The swastika is correct and original as found on many original standard party armbands, which is what this armband started out as. But the black borders have been added to make it an SS armband, the question would be whether that was done pre or post 1945.

Comment

Good point ETN. I was just stating the swas as being an SS type and not a party one, I should have mentioned that. Good eye!!

Comment

nice looking most likely early 30s ss browshirt ,inmo

Comment

Armband

Most likely a Frankenstein.

Comment

Has to be bad doesn't it???

Comment

SS Regalia Book by Jack Pia

When I first posted this armband there were mixed reactions to it.

Original period armband but unsure of when ss ribbons were added - pre or post 1945.

One of our members "judas" believed the armband was "early 30's" and stated as much.

While going through "SS Regalia" by Jack Pia (1974) on page 31 of his book the top armband on the page was very similar to the one in my collection. From the book the armband is from the 28th SS Motorised Unit.

In particualr the armband from the book has a very similar swastika material to that of my armband - it looks like a ribbed kind of cloth material.

So the question I would like to put up for discussion is "does this make any difference to opinions on the armband in my collection?"

I have included a scan of the page concerned. (Apologies for the poor scan but it was the best I could obtain without damaging the book. If anyone would like a .jpg file sent for a better look then send me a pm.)

Thanks again for your time
                Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

Armband

Originally posted by judas View Post
                  nice looking most likely early 30s ss browshirt ,inmo
                  I am going to change my original opinion on this one and go with Judas.

Comment

I like it too as early, but I wouldn't have expected it to have had an RZM tag, and certainly not a paper one...

Comment

Armband

SA had only paper. Probably started life as SA. No one will ever know for sure when stripes were added.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                        SA had only paper. Probably started life as SA.
                        Is what I was thinking as I read the thread.

Ian

Comment

Looks correct for an early SS. may have been around the time of the purge ??
                          Many of those SA guys were forced to switch to the SS , supply issue problems ?
                          of course ,it could be earlier also. jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X