True Gestapo Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Gestapo Armband

For those that collect these, here is another example of these rare armbands. They are printed on a thin waxed cotton, and are stamped with an individual serial number which the local Gestapo chief maintained a roster of.

Lots of armbands look more sinister, but this is what the real auxillary Gestapo thugs wore.

regards, Robert
    Attached Files

Stamp -
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert, is this a Vet pick-up? thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi John,

This one is not from a vet, but it's twin in my collection was.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow I would have said fantasy right away,if this was posted for opinions.are these documented anywhere,just curious.

Comment

Yep, they're pretty flimsy alright. Not much to them. I don't think I've ever seen this armband documented anywhere.

s/f Robert

Comment

The armband is for a volunteer, not a full time Gestapo man. As they were a secret police, wearing an armband would defeat the purpose of being secret. Personally I have my doubts on this piece.

Comment

Bob, you are of course free to have your opinion, and I won't challenge it. Here's where my other one came from.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=printed+eagle

They were secret police in name - the Gestapo neither had to hide, nor sneak up on anybody. A volunteer would need an armband to show their "arrest" authority and Gestapo affiliation; they sure didn't give them disks to carry around. That is what I speculate, at least.

But like the disks, they were controlled items. Since my last one came with so much collaborator stuff, I would imagine these were used in occupied countries.

Thanks for weighing in, Bob.

regards, Robert

Comment

It's always been my understanding that the Geheime Staatspolizei didn't have the power of arrest. They had to get regular Police officers or soldiers under orders to do the actual arrest??!!??

Comment

Sure, if we don't want to add aiding in arrests to possible duties of those wearing these armbands, that works. We just don't know, but whether the bearers of these bands assisted in translations, document exploitation, or worse, they were affiliated with the Gestapo.

Comment

Arrest

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                      It's always been my understanding that the Geheime Staatspolizei didn't have the power of arrest. They had to get regular Police officers or soldiers under orders to do the actual arrest??!!??
                      Tim,
                      I am pretty sure a Gestapo agent had full power to arrest an individual. Where did u hear otherwise?
                      Peter

Comment

Pete,
                        I may be confused. I remember that either the Gestapo or the Sicherheitsdienst did not have arrest powers and had to have another authority with them to perform the actual arrest. I'm really leaning towards the Gestapo though.
                        Timmy

Comment

For various reasons (which I don't plan on expanding on here), I'm definitely with Bob Coleman on this one in regards to doubts regardless of where, or how, this specific piece was obtained....armbands of the "darker" units / organizations have been circulating for years, the large majority of them either outright reproductions or complete fantasy...who remembers the flood of white backed "darker" armbands which started to hit the market in the late 1970s - early 1980s ??? Here is an example of a "dark and desirable" late 70s era pale-face that is still making the rounds...

"Hundestaffel"
                          Attached Files

Comment

Two more Pale-Faces still doing the rounds...

# 1
                            Attached Files

Comment

# 2

*** I've got underwear made of the same white colored cotton (unfortunately not as clean though)....

"Hundestaffel"
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X