"Oberbayern" tab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Oberbayern" tab.

Any opinions on this tab? It looks good to me. Just wondering what some of our in-house talent thinks...
    Attached Files

I for one love it !

Comment

Me too

Comment

I am advised by people who I respect very highly that this is a fake. It surely fooled me.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          I am advised by people who I respect very highly that this is a fake. It surely fooled me.

Ian
          That makes two of us Ian

Comment

Really? Incredible.
            Will they weigh in here at some point.
            Glad I checked in here if this is the case!

Comment

Is the RZM label on the back fake as well?

Comment

The RZM tab is fine.Just to fool I guess.Never saw a fake St type rzm cloth tab.I know 65/36 and 88/88 are known to be heavily faked.

Comment

Originally posted by tempelhof View Post
                  Will they weigh in here at some point.
                  That's probably unlikely ... they will not get drawn into a pissing match with Oakleaf's linebackers on here or divulge information which will aid their already talented fakers.

Ian

Comment

Talented fakers indeed.

Possibly the same talent that is unpicking numerals from genuine and low value allgemeine bands (with silk labels) and restitching rare and desirable units onto them, such as the SS Inspektion thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=inspection

That fooled a lot of people too.....

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                      Talented fakers indeed.

Possibly the same talent that is unpicking numerals from genuine and low value allgemeine bands (with silk labels) and restitching rare and desirable units onto them, such as the SS Inspektion thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=inspection

That fooled a lot of people too.....
                      Sorry Tom I did'nt know that my SS Inspection cufftitle had been confirmed as a fake, so are you saying its definately a fake ?? If so why not post your "original" SS Inspection cufftitle as a comparison, as you know the old saying you show me yours and I'll show you mine..

Hiag

Comment

The quality of the embroidering is consistent with period originals. My only complaint is that the wire is "different". Is that what the unknown experts are pointing at to support their opinion that this tab is a repro?

How about some more evidence. This opinion is a conclusion. Standing alone, it is not sufficient.
                        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                          That's probably unlikely ... they will not get drawn into a pissing match with Oakleaf's linebackers on here or divulge information which will aid their already talented fakers.

Ian
                          I probably didn't need to ask for that. I know you well enough not to anyway.

Interesting thread, gentlemen.

I appreciate the participation.

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                            SS Inspektion thread.

:
                            Originally posted by HIAG View Post
                            If so why not post your "original" SS Inspection cufftitle as a comparison,

Would be nice to see this other title is that possible?

Best
                            John

Comment

Any hints as to problems with this tab wo giving secrets away?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X