No announcement yet.

SS Cufftie - Need Help on this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where it was for sale http://www.lastreich.co.uk/ but it seems too have gone now .

Comment

I just came across this thread as it was linked to recently. I don't feel qualified to comment on the embroidery but there are one or two factual points in the thread that I believe should be corrected for insignia collectors.
      Angolia is quoted as saying that the runic letters were introduced in September, 1939. Unfortunately what order this refers to is difficult to check as the book gives no source material whatever.
      In fact, the pioneer and signals regiments of the SS-VT were wearing runic letters long before that date, and indeed the Allgemeine-SS were authorised to do so in 1938 based on that fact, (see below).
      If the SS-Inspection was authorised a title in 1936 then the date on the band and the runic letters get a little closer in time.
      In response to an August, 1938 query about whether the Allgemeine-SS should use the same sigrunen as the SS-VT in August 1938 for a new consignment of Allgemeine-SS sleeve bands, the SS-VA received this reply:

Berlin, 17 September, 1938
      Subject: Sleevebands of the Allgemeine-SS
      Ref: IV/V3a/45a 15/8.38

To: Verwaltungsamt-SS
      Munich

With regard to the request referenced above we inform you that the Reichsfuehrer-SS has determined that the same runic SS embroidery is to be used for the sleevebands of the Allgemeine-SS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X