SS Cape Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Cape Eagle

Just got this in, formerly of the Wolfe/Hardin collection. One of the nicest SS birds I've ever seen. My question is . . . how much rarer than sleeve eagles are these? I have only owned a couple.
    Attached Files

And, does anybody have a photo of one of these in wear?

Comment

Craig pmed you.Indeed much rarer.I need one to fix my cape.. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=ss+cape ,pm me back !

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
        And, does anybody have a photo of one of these in wear?
        Here you go Craig- Your looks like it is for a larger size cape.

I would say they are 100 times more rare but of course they are sort of an oddity so that should not reflect absolute value ie. not worth 100 times more that a bullion arm eagle.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow, those minis are neat. Could you please post a close-up of the breast badge on the mini tux? Are these for sale somewhere?

Thanks!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
            Wow, those minis are neat. Could you please post a close-up of the breast badge on the mini tux? Are these for sale somewhere?

Thanks!

Chris
            Wewelsburg is one of the foremost collectors in the World of these. You can ask him, the grouping is from his personal collection.

Comment

Craig, beautiful eagle!, would be perfect to restore that cape.
              Steve

Comment

I agree, and then the cape would be one of the rarest SS uniform items (restored yes, but that is legitimate).

Comment

here is mine from same maker. A group of three were purchased from a vet several years back, one of the more rare pieces of SS cloth
                  Attached Files
                  DaveJ

Comment

very nice and a piece of art for it's own

Comment

Hard to beat the quality of these!

Comment

You know, you're right. It's almost as if the manufacturer, knowing it would be on an "Evening Formal" cape, chose the best embroiderers to do the eagle. Quality mirrors the very best sleeve eagles I have seen.

Comment

Cape Eagle

Here is the cape eagle shown on page 70 of Hayes book on the SS which now lives with me. The quality of the eagles shown in this thread are super, but this eagle is really nice. Looks to have been worn as well. Sorry for the low quality picture, as it is just a scan. My camera is at a different location tonight.
                          Attached Files

Comment

and with a "L" RZM stamp much lower than a sleeve eagle.

I wish I still had one of mine but they all flew the coop...
                            http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

OMG Pete, that's Mabute!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X