• Show
Clear All

SS Prinz Eugen tunic

Hello,

what do you think aboutz this tunic?

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...Traumst%C3%BCc

kind regards

Uli

The Kai Winkler COA would ring alarm bells for a start but it appears that some of the parts may be original.

Ian

Comment

Thank you Ian!

And what about this Obersturmführer tunic?

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5885264

Comment

Again looks like a mix & match but it's hard to tell without clear images. Detlev Niemann COA as well eh ?

Comment

Mix and match?!

Ian,

I am not really into uniforms but am always willing to learn.

What is meant in detail with "mix and match" - what is good/bad in your opinion and how can one determine so quickly?

Are there specific details that indeed can be immediately detected as being fake/original?

Could you specify your statement, please?

Comment

You can't see any detail from the photos but the eagle is much more worn that other insignia (but looks good) ... I have replied to Uli's PM and strongly advised him to post detailed photos here asap.

While not a 100% definate reason to be suspicious but €3,000 for an untouched SS officers tunic with a Niemann COA and on 321 Militaria auctions .... far too many red flags to just accept things at face-value. Let the real experts study it.

Ian

Comment

While not a 100% definate reason to be suspicious but €3,000 for an untouched SS officers tunic with a Niemann COA and on 321 Militaria auctions .... far too many red flags to just accept things at face-value. Let the real experts study it.

Ian[/QUOTE]

Yes, it appears to have all the provenance of a cheese sandwich that I am about to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Ian
                Yes, it appears to have all the provenance of a cheese sandwich that I am about to eat.[/QUOTE]

So you think the tunic isn't good? Can you please give me more detail information?

Kind regards

Uli

Comment

Yes, Dr., please!

Comment

Why is the seller of the Obersturmfuhrer tunic not displaying his own pictures? Is he selling the tunic or the expertise? I would not buy it unless you have a guarantee that the seller actually has the tunic in hand. That tunic looks like one that was once offered on the Estand not long ago..I would want to see pictures close ups of the sewing details and back of collar. The parts all look ok. If it is the one that was offered here then its highly possible its a rebadged heer tunic that tunic had thread remnants from other insignias...and I agree that just by looking at these third party pictures one can see the sleeve eagle was done in a rather sloppy manner or removed and replaced at least once.

Comment

So I got more detail pics via mail. But I can`t post them here, `cause I`m no Association Member.

Maybe I can send them to a pro via E-mail?

kind regards

Uli

Comment

Uli, as I told you by PM if you save them on a free photobucket account you can link them direct into here. Or even pay the $25 of whatever it is and get proper access.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                          Uli, as I told you by PM if you save them on a free photobucket account you can link them direct into here. Or even pay the $25 of whatever it is and get proper access.

Ian.
                          Ian, I`ll try to save them on an photobucket account. And will also pay for an access here.

Uli

Comment

Comment

Ian, didn't you say it had a COA from Kai Winkler, then you say it's a COA from Detlev Niemann????

Is a COA from Kai Winkler a problem...or is it just the cost thats ringing bells?

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X