What irritates you most.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What irritates you most.?

What gets you urked?in general in the hobby?Statements by dealers ,other collectors,buyers,sellers whomever.Here is my list.

1.I love this one..."Very nice item,its beautiful but not what I collect."
    I mean WHAT does that even mean?..I like it but I dont like it??..That statement is the ultimate in paradoxes and mildly annoying.Why bother?

2.The tabs are beat up but the tunic is minty..."yeah they kept the old tabs because they could'nt afford new ones back then for their NEW tunic so they put the old ones on...yeah OK!especially when its a private tailored officers jacket its very believable...haha.

3.Or howabout when selling at a normal market price on estand or elsewhere and a more senior collector makes an offer,"Yeah I only pay old school prices Id be happy to pay {25 years ago's value}for it,but I just dont pay todays prices,Ill glady pay half what your asking.."...What are you entitled because youve been collecting longer?No disresepect to any senior collectors,but don't embarrass yourself and ask for a Senior discount ok??Especially if your collection needs 2 houses to store it in.

Just three of mine that cropped up of late...it happens in all ends of this hobby.

Any peeves you have lets hear em.

"This is an incredibly rare and original item. Anyone know what it is?"

Comment

Horribly mis-identified items up for sale with totally incorrect information and descriptions. One thing that comes to mind is HJ district triangles that have a traditions litzen on them. Nine out of ten dealers at shows tell me "That's for an H.J. high leader" when I ask price on them. I just thank them for the information and move on. If you are going to sell it at least have a clue as to what it is.

Comment

" What do I have ?? or What is it worth ?? "

Then NO PICTURES, NO ITEM, NO ACCURATE DESCRIPTION

Second, " It is in Excellent Condition "

Just NO FINISH, Broken ( but still excellent condition ), PARTS MISSING, you get the idea.

Third, " I have one Just Like Yours ! "

EXCEPT - Its not like mine !

Comment

One I just read it's a REPRO as in reproduction..not a REPO thats a car you stopped paying for! I see this everywhere.

Some good ones ,any more?I bet most are dealer related..

Comment

"Price on request" is mildly to very annoying depending on what mood I'm in.

Comment

stupid comments

wa members, who know nothing about anything
              and who repeat comments by more knowledgeable members
              simply to add to their posting numbers..

cheers
              fraser
              Last edited by fritztk; 04-11-2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

people asking al kind of extra photos,close ups and so on.....and then dissapear from the face of the earth.

Comment

Links to Hungarian/Czech/Polish/Russian photohosting sites with multiple pop-ups and viruses.

Sheep-like repeating beyond the acceptable 3 or 4 comments in agreement of an opinion.

Demanding proof of an obvious fake and then berating the person giving the owner/potential purchaser the bad news.

Re-enactors wanting opinions on their 'look'

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan P View Post
                    "Price on request" is mildly to very annoying depending on what mood I'm in.
                    agree, then I don't even bother to ask anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                      people asking al kind of extra photos,close ups and so on.....and then dissapear from the face of the earth.

Comment

Can I also add ...

"Please delete this thread" ... so no-one else can learn from it presummably ?!

Comment

I would say this helmet is a fake...But I'm no expert on helmets

Comment

Call an item 'been there' while it's no more than a bunch of rags and old metal probably ground-dug..

Comment

My pet peeve is when someone uses the terms" Nice haul", "Great score" when an item is posted. Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X