Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green and Tan Cap skulls, any chance?

Hey all,
    Picked these up in an antique store today, I don't know much about these.
    I am assuming that they are bad, as when compared side by side with BenVK's examples posted here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...reen+Cap+skull
    Mine have differences. But, the owner claimed to have no idea what they were for, much less even that they were German, so they were $10 with a money back guarantee

You lucky b-stard!!
    That is one of the better finds this year! The brown camo skull is a rare beast to get! Wonderful!!

Comment

You have to be kidding me, these are legit? The only reason I bought them was because he did not know what they were, leading me to believe he was honest.
      Seriously...?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        You have to be kidding me, these are legit? The only reason I bought them was because he did not know what they were, leading me to believe he was honest.
        Seriously...?
        Legit as legit can be!! Better make space in your inbox for that brown camo skull! Incoming rounds from a few collectors....

Comment

You really hit the jackpot. Don't be in a hurry to sell. The first offers you get may sound large, but they are probably not the best you can do.

Comment

You GOT yourself 1 of the rarest insignia to find in the brown skull... Billbert
            the 2 green ones are nothing to snear at either...

Comment

Wonderful and very vare and valuable.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Those are BEAUTIFUL, I've never seen either of those before, thats gotta be the score of the year!!

Can someone please tell me what uniform/branch they would have been used on?

Thanks, Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                  Those are BEAUTIFUL, I've never seen either of those before, thats gotta be the score of the year!!

Can someone please tell me what uniform/branch they would have been used on?

Thanks, Tony
                  These were worn for a time on the camouflage SS caps, which are extremely rare with insignia and very rare without insignia. These would be worn with brown and green eagles.

Comment

Whatever!

I am not impressed, go find the green and brown matching Eagles young Man.

Actually I am impressed, very nice.

Comment

I'm still amazed these are real haha, but these are not really my area of interest so I'll probably sell them at some point. Would it be best to seperate the 2 green ones for sale, or would that be high treason?

Comment

Some more info on the green ones...
                        http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S010265.html

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          I'm still amazed these are real haha, but these are not really my area of interest so I'll probably sell them at some point. Would it be best to seperate the 2 green ones for sale, or would that be high treason?
                          Brandon,

Sell them all separately and then you can pay for college or retire. Just kidding about the college and retiring, but I bet it will be the best $10.00 you have ever spent. As someone else said, don't be in a hurry and you will get fair offers.

Congratulations on a find that will be the envy of every TR collecting member on this forum including myself. WELL DONE!!

Richard

My sage advice will only cost you 1 green and 1 brown skull. I'll send you my address.

Comment

Ss

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ANTIQUE DEALER IS THAT GUY . HE SHOULD GET ANOTHER LINE OF WORK ..LOL AWESOME SCORE ! I WISH YOU MANY MORE SCORES BUT THAT WILL BE TOUGH TO TOP .

Comment

Originally posted by john mack View Post
                              WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ANTIQUE DEALER IS THAT GUY . HE SHOULD GET ANOTHER LINE OF WORK
                              He's the most wonderful, wonderful kind of antiques dealer of all; the kind who doesn't know what militaria is, and doesn't have the inclination to find out. He should not "get another line of work", he should stay right where he is, doing just what he's been doing; at least until I happen to come by his shop!

Wasn't there another green skull miracle a few years back, where someone found a camo cap with green skull and trap at a thrift store?

Seriously Brandon, go out and buy a lottery ticket before your luck wears off. I thought I was good at scrounging treasure from other people's trash, but you've beaten out my $15 FJ helmet and $10 Relic of the "True Cross" by a wide margin.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X