Early SS Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early SS Eagle

Good evening fellows. I picked up this Early SS/SA Eagle today. I haven't owned many of the early versions. It is RZM marked. Looks like it was possibly repainted. I welcome your thoughts on this one.

Thanks! Dave
    Attached Files

Hi Dave,
    I thing your right,Eagle looks good but yes looks like was repainted.Anyway can you do clous-up pic of this area
    Pete
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Dave, I agree with You and pete that it has been touched up however most you see have been! I really like the ones that have been touched up using a Sharpie pen LOL! very obvious shine that Sharpie lays down!
      I like the look of your Eagle, and think with a little care it can be cleaned up and restored properly with nothing to loose looking at this prior resto attempt!
      These make nice little space fillers if not placed on a cap usually for a reasonable price as far as SS items go.
      Best Regards!
      Kevin

Comment

Here is the Sharpie finished Eagle that was in My collection for a time for comparison. A bit different with the cut out between the legs and other areas besides the obvious pin difference. I no longer have it....

Kev
        Attached Files

Comment

Pete, here's some close ups of the area using the USB Digital Microscope. Hope this helps. Looks like a modern acrylic paint.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dave,
            In my opinions is eagle it is repainted.........but this is only my opinions.
            Beast Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X