MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A cloth star worn by Jews during World War II .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cloth star worn by Jews during World War II .

Hi , What is your opinion on this cloth star worn by Jews during World War II under the Nazis.
    Thanks
    Jan

001.jpg

002.JPG

It should be a version meant for Dutch Jews but this kind of artifacts are really hard to authenticate since they are quite easy to fake because of the simplicity of the design and variety of poor quality materials used in the manufacture of wartime specimens so unless you have a bullet proof provenance with it I would steer away. I'm sure somebody else with more knowledge on the subject will comment soon

Comment

Originally posted by Krieg777 View Post
      It should be a version meant for Dutch Jews but this kind of artifacts are really hard to authenticate since they are quite easy to fake because of the simplicity of the design and variety of poor quality materials used in the manufacture of wartime specimens so unless you have a bullet proof provenance with it I would steer away. I'm sure somebody else with more knowledge on the subject will comment soon
      Thank You !
      Regards
      Jan

Comment

looks new because it is new.
        Too much waste of material, too good material, waste of ink etc. Let this go . You want one go to a museum and see one,,make believe its yours and they are taking care of it for you...............,

Comment

These are tricky...
          Not really much "wasted space" if it had had the cut out lines, usually seen on these...
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank You Guys !
            Regards
            Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
              looks new because it is new.
              Too much waste of material, too good material, waste of ink etc. Let this go . You want one go to a museum and see one,,make believe its yours and they are taking care of it for you...............,
              Awsome, what a comment, that made me laugh!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X