• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is a Totenkopf Ring.

Comment

I feel it is an HR also..

Comment

I enlarged this as much as possible and from what I can see the skull and crossbones appear similiar to those on a TK ring but the band doesn't look like a TK example at all.
        Jim

Comment

I love arguing with Jim! My question is: what else would it be? How would you feel as the Reichsfuhrer, if some yahoo SS Officer decided to wear a "look-alike" of your coveted TK ring? Sorry, but I don't buy it. It'd be like me wearing a "bronze star shaped" medal on my Dress Blues.

Comment

I DIDN'T make the above post to start an argument with anyone. Blow the picture up until it starts to really distort and LOOK at the band to the right of the skull and tell us what YOU see. I see a relatively flat unadorned band. If you can show any indication of TK ring adornment I'll certainly change my opinion which is all I stated to begin with.
            Jim

Comment

You mean, when you blow it up you see something that looks like this?
              Attached Files

Comment

No. The skull and bones appear to be reasonably well defined and not worn to the extent of your example.
                Jim

Comment

I still think it's a Totenkopf ring. Maybe it's Himmler (I recognize his cuticles).

Comment

Ladies and Gents, its a fecking skull ring, there are no if's or buts about it...:-)

Comment

Looks like Himmler's lily-white hand to me, too.

Not a standard SS-TK ring IMHO ............. the band is not thick enough.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Of course, if the guy had fat fingers, it may be seeping around the edges. Incidentally, the ring in the photo might fit the 1930s style ring profile. Certainly not a 1940s style ring, if it is a TK ring.

Comment

Robin,, great job on the blow up! Yeah, skull a little too pronounced for an HR.,,band a little thin too as Jim mentions a while back...

Most of the time we see around the larger skull private purchase rings,,but there were some made that closely resemble the HR,,here is one recently bought at this past SOS.

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...=240117&page=2

I'm not saying its exact but only that there are some good HR look a likes made during the period..

meanwhile the owner needs to crank that scanner up to 1200dpi and end this
                          Last edited by Gaspare; 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Please show the complete photo! Then we may be able to ID... if not Himmler the person... and weather or not a recipient of the HR? I lean towords an HR, But would love to be proven wrong or right!
                            Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                              Please show the complete photo!
                              Jawohl !!!

IMHO ...............

1. Photo is of Himmler.

2. Ring is thus not HR. (Himmler would not 'award himself' a ring. He is known to have worn several skull rings, including a 'skull with snakes').

Comment

Ring

I feel it's a totenkopfring because the band doesn't appear to taper. All skull rings I've seen taper at least somewhat.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X