Fez insignia help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fez insignia help

I just purchased a SS fez off the estand without insignia...I'm hoping for an education on just what varieties of SS cap insignia would be acceptable for such a fez should I try to restore it with authentic replacements. Were they known with metal devices....embroidered...Bevo...etc? Was there any use of the tropical insignia on a fez? Just hoping to discover my options for the future....

Any help appreciated!!!

Russell

Just use the search function on this forum for some very respectable research.

There are many pictures and descriptions of fezes and insignia for them.
    I believe they are typically bevo machine embroidered and straight machine stitched.
    Many fezes have been stripped for their insignia.

Funny how now they need to be reattached!

Jack

Comment

Thanks for the help! Searching away!

Comment

During your search you'll notice that the 'Dachau' red fezes have a distinctive eagle and skull, not exclusive to the fezes but by far most commonly found on those.

Ian

Comment

Sorry to be blunt..IMHO buy the nicest available bevo reproduction insignia and use that..You a buy a complete FEZ for less than it would cost to restore..loose insignia can cost more than the complete fez UNLESS you stumble on some... Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
            Sorry to be blunt..IMHO buy the nicest available bevo reproduction insignia and use that..You a buy a complete FEZ for less than it would cost to restore..loose insignia can cost more than the complete fez UNLESS you stumble on some... Billbert

Thanks for advice...it's well taken...I was considering the same as an option. I just cringe at the idea of "fake" stuff mixed with my humble collection that I've been working diligently to keep authentic. The economics are pretty indisputable though so I can appreciate your perspective. This fez probably the only piece of authentic SS headgear I'll be able to afford for a while so I may hold off until I am lucky enough to find that bargain to stumble upon as you mention...

Any suggestions on where to find such quality reproductions...perhaps they could hold me over until I find that great catch?

Thanks to all for the help & suggestions!

Russell

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X