SS visor skull marked SS?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS visor skull marked SS?!?

hello, i was under the impression that most of the skulls marked with ss are fakes.. i say most, because there tends to be disagreement on this.. what are your thoughts on this one?
    Attached Files

skull

this one is

Just do the search-function on this forum and you'll find the answer to your question.

Greetings

Comment

Ss 373/43

This looks to be a copy of a copy .... Not good at all

Comment

Ss 373-43

here's the front side...
        Attached Files

Comment

...any other opinions?

..this is being offered by a reputable dealer!

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
            ..this is being offered by a reputable dealer!
            he probably dont know as not many dealers good at everything or just good dealer turn to a dark side.

Comment

older fake

Comment

...experienced?!!

http://www.wwiidaggers.com/31978.htm
                I've heard some collectors saying that SS marked skulls did in fact exist?!

Comment

SS marked skulls

If they said that, they were wrong!

Comment

Wittmann is a good dealer but he is very weak when it comes to badges or insignia.

Comment

What about this one? Selling as real (dealer).

Comment

The (dealer0 also has this one on there for the same price.

Comment

..yes i know this dealer well.. he stands by it with "over 40 years" of experience.. another dealer, known to most here, snyder's treasures, has several of these SS stamped skulls; some with matching eagles..

Comment

..yes i know this dealer well.. he stands by it with "over 40 years" of experience.. another dealer, known to most here, snyder's treasures, has several of these SS stamped skulls; some with matching eagles..
                            So you are saying NFG on both of these?

Comment

YES...there were SS marked skulls made during the war.

Meaning no disrespect in any way, Peter is not correct. I actually got a ss 380/40 aluminum skull from a veteran , IN PERSON, when i was 19. I even dug the stuff out of his attic myself . This is a fact, and can't be disputed as it was witnessed by a friend who is still alive , and happened in 1969 prior to them making the ss 380/40 skulls that now flood the market, and the soldier was NOT a collector postwar. This one i have no idea about ,( if its original or not), but if you know the differences of the type i mentioned i have that has the ss mark, they do not look the same as the fake versions.

The people in the threads are correct ...there were ss marked skulls. Some were made also of steel ,as they also had ss marked eagles for the set.. and i believe its true they did make fakes with the same mark as mine ,so most marked that way ARE fakes, BUT... doesn't mean all ss marked skulls with the same marks as mine ,are all fakes, as the sheep want to believe.

Lots of badges etc have marks the same as originals, and you need to know the differences. I also in saying that, have to allow the possibility to believe it is possible to have other SS marked skulls to been made by other ss sanctioned makers who also had other rzm etc., identity numbers.

Provenance trumps theory with no susbstance, but the desire to never be wrong, doesn't happen.....and all stories about getting things from vets are not lies, and we all have made mistakes about this stuff. I know about things i got first hand, and just because some authors book says otherwise (i am not referring to anyone commenting in this thread), does not mean it is always true years down the road as other facts come to light on the subject to prove many authors incorrect. (Isn't that right fellows?).

I know for fact , because of the provenance on the one i have , so argue all you want about it...they DID have ss marks prior to makers numbers on skulls during WW2..wich makers... i am unsure, except for my own skulls number....as they made the fakes with the mark similar to mine by the tens of thousands I'll bet. So the originals are very few, but with being largely ignored, are becoming now believed to be original as i keep saying.(there are other provenanced examples , and that's why.)

We are all adults here, and are entitled to our opinions, but , the truth is what we seek, over egos who still want to call me untruthful, or disparage my words behind my back or publicly on this forum just for sport , with no proof as i have ...when I mean to help people , not hurt.

I cant understand why so many still refuse to believe, even with real provenance ? I hope the public will also give this subject reasonable doubt to consider that there were ss marks on skulls to date there is no proof there was not.If so post it, and not just an authors opinion..show me the wartime proof actual document and not hearsay, as you cant because i have an orignal as proof in hand. Otherwise the opinion against ss marks is just that ....hearsay. This has gone on , to keep thinking they never marked skulls that way for too many years. Its time to learn the truth .

People who dominate the hobbys knowledge ,because they want to be big shots,who seem to never be wrong , are in it for the money , and will benefit to finding originals for nothing ,as long as they are thought to be fakes...but im not saying they dont know a lot about ss stuff or third reich items, because they do, just not in this case of this ss marked skull subject .Nobody knows it all, but i know what i am saying here is true..and not false.

People play games in this hobby , and it's what you know that will help you learn,and get rare items you may have dissmissed as a fake.. so i am attempting once more to educate. I have no vested interest except to spread the truth , and if anyone wants help with one you find, i am always willing to share what little i know on this subject that is true, so you dont get stuck with one the fakes. . .So i am not saying to go out and just buy any you find with the mark i mentioned, just make sure you get the way to compare them, and you will see , i am correct. I don't want anyone getting stuck with a fake , so its up to you to learn the truth, and someone here may someday be the missing link to many truths , now thought to be fakes. As its true ,Lots of makers marks are faked, on all kinds of stuff.

Heck... even one guy here is posting he is trying to buy fakes with the ss380/40 mark, but he knows some versions ARE originals when they look like the one i posted...and ill bet he wont buy any that doesnt match mine, so he is convinced , and until i posted mine, nobody had provenanced proof, or at least came foreward with enough guts to publicly state that fact , against popular misconception..SO..... Unless you have found one like i did , as the one I have ,( taken at buchenwald)...you are only speculating to say absolutely 100% that they never had an ss mark on a skull, and to have that opinion is not credible.

You WHO are reading this individually ...have to think for yourselves, and decide what you want to believe.How can you side with anyone who will say they had ss marked eagles for hats, and that they didn't have ss marked skulls by the same maker??? That just wont hold water, and doesn't at all make sense , and is illogical.

Im saying it here and now ,as the first in the world : YES:THERE WERE SS EAGLES MARKED WITH SS MARKS DURING WW2. just like other fakes have to be closely examined to tell the difference. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

We all have made mistakes about our opinions relating to things people post as to being original,granted you know i have , several times..a few times as a set up joke... but that's different than totally doubting 100% someone you don't even know, who got an item with provenance first hand right from the veteran , and thats not an opinion, but a fact...like it is a joke, and then acting out of jealousy because they never found one from a veterans bring backs that it is wrong or disreputable, when that is just opinion. This i have tried to share , and stated in prior threads in fact, and is 100% true for the version i have still kept since that day. The thread is still posted i believe.

Of course certain people will still badmouth me who don't know me about this subject, but is just the way they are , but also says a lot about the person they are . We must always be open minded to learn ,when someone knows for sure even about one thing as important as this , we don't. Thats what makes this forum educational the one bit we learn from even one individual .Do you have to pay for it in a book to believe?? The education never ends, and we should never stop learning, so please be open minded at least, and just because something is popular belief doesn't always make something true..as there are many who believe , but are afraid to stand alone as i am . For Gods sake get some cajones , to doubt that all forum opinions are always 100% true when there is nothing but opinion as substantiation.So i ask for period proof , not speculation, but there will be none to the negative, there is not anything to disprove my views here.

I appreciate the truth, and those who posess the knowledge that disputes something to prove originality that has provenance over even any author ...But we all know ...no one knows it all. Those who in the past as in the future will always have to rewrite their incorrect opinions in publications , and add new found exceptions to the rules(which are mistakes)when provenanced items trump theories in the future. Published authors in this hobbie who have ever been 100% correct forever, are like hens teeth.

Believe me there are many respected big time collectors that know what i am saying is true...they just haven't stepped up to the plate to tell the bulk of the people seeking skulls what they know ,or arent computer savvy to be on this forum.....but on this subject the opinions are changing to be as i am stating here , and yet publicly I am of the few who know for fact , and stand against this injustice of mass disbelieveing there were never any ss marks on skulls made by sanctioned ss manufacturers during ww2, as there were , and the sooner we realize that, the sooner we can get on to solving other skulls with similar marks by other makers.

I hope you can find out from someone if yours is original or not some day , and i apologise for not being able to tell you either way.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X