Not original, I'm afraid...

Comment

Not a good one IMHO.
      Doug

Comment

nope

nope

Comment

OUCH!....3x the loss. That guy baited you , and how. Even the 8 is upside down. If he gave you a name i'll bet that was a fake one also. Makes you wanna stop going to the SOS ...huh.

Comment

Fakes like this really can turn up anywhere; I don't think its anything specific to the SOS. Why, with such a wealth of expertise around, did you not get some second opinions at the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
              Fakes like this really can turn up anywhere; I don't think its anything specific to the SOS. Why, with such a wealth of expertise around, did you not get some second opinions at the show?
              no dought phew
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I Did, lesson learned! 2 Different guys with 2 different stories. Sorry about not responding, but, at 68 years old, the trip took a lot out of me and I rested most of Sunday and didn't get back on the computer until today. But, I'm still whipped & sore. CHUCK

Comment

Per Chet, I'm submitting information about the FAKE items I bought at the SOS this past weekend.

I got the SS Helmet w/Cover, the Knights Cross w/Oakleaves, the SS Camo Mask, Gold Spanish Cross, and the SS Proficiency Badge from a guy that said his name was GENE WILSON. He was wearing a NEW MEMBER tag. Older guy, pulling a Blue traveling bag. He said was from Evansville, Indiana. Items were supposed to be picked up at a yard sale.

The SS Kepi and 25 General Assault Badge was from a guy that said his name was PAUL. Mid 20's, Southern Accent. He said he just moved to Louisville from Alabama. He also was wearing a NEW MEMBER tag. He said he got those two items from his room mate when he moved for payment of back rent due.

I would like to see the NEW MEMBER list to see if there are names listed for those two guys. I'll probably have to wait until next years program comes out, unless somebody can give me access to the list before that.

Anyway, thanks and have a nice day.

CHUCK

Comment

I would contact Ohio Valley Militaria Society and get someone in administration to get you a new member list, they post their names in the newsletter when they send it out, but I would not wait for that to happen. Also trying to get a refund I hate to say, may be impossible.

Comment

Guys like those turds troll the aisles at every show sad to say.

There used be a guy here that would use his "I got these in WWII" story to sell fake german daggers. Oh he was in WW2, but in the navy in the Pacific.

Everyone wants that great "Find" but you get skittish of wolves in sheeps clothing after a while. I blew a deal on some kick ass medal bars, because I was too paranoid, and no one was around that I could ask for help.
                      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Kepi

That is one of the ugliest chinstraps in the whole history of the world.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X