X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemeine Pioneer Tabs

I have enclosed two images of the same pioneer tabs.<O</O
    Both very similar in design but with obvious noticeable differences.<O</O
    After doing a bit of research from what I could find, would it be safe to say that any pioneer tab showing two black stitch marks at the end of the shovel is a fake/copy ?<O</O
    Regards<O</O
    David<O</O
    Attached Files

Tabs

No, Why would u assume that???

Comment

From just these pics I'd say that both tabs are original...

Comment

Hi , what you think of this ss pioneer tab , I have a offer to trade this tab for a SS EM tab, its is ok deal ?
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=496026
        Jan

Comment

Allgemeine Pioneer Tabs

Peter ....
          <O</O
          <O</O
          From what I can see of the pioneer tabs in renowned collections and web sites they don’t have the two black stitches on the end of the shovel.<O</O
          I own both those number 5 pioneer tabs and have enclosed two images of the back of the one with the black stitches.

Arran ....

With respect I bought this tab many many years ago from -

http://www.totls.com/index.php?optio...d=26&Itemid=39

If you take a look towards the bottom of the page on the right you will see the one I mean. It cost me approx $20

I still believe my conclusion is correct ... I have also never seen a cotton thread pioneer tab with these stitch threads either ... The ones I have are just rubbish. I am still not convinced. Can someone show me different.. ?

Regards David
          <O</O
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stossgruppe3; 02-27-2011, 09:25 AM. Reason: tidying up

Comment

Tabs

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
            Peter ....
            <O</O
            <O</O
            From what I can see of the pioneer tabs in renowned collections and web sites they don’t have the two black stitches on the end of the shovel.<O</O
            I own both those number 5 pioneer tabs and have enclosed two images of the back of the one with the black stitches.

Arran ....

With respect I bought this tab many many years ago from -

http://www.totls.com/index.php?optio...d=26&Itemid=39

If you take a look towards the bottom of the page on the right you will see the one I mean. It cost me approx $20

I still believe my conclusion is correct ... I have also never seen a cotton thread pioneer tab with these stitch threads either ... The ones I have are just rubbish. I am still not convinced. Can someone show me different.. ?

Regards David
            <O</O
            So you feel the other tab is original? The tab without the black stitches?

Comment

Allgemeine Pioneer Tabs

Yes I dont have a problem with the 5 pioneer tab without the black stitch threads ..... Its Pioneer tabs with the black stitches on the shovel I feel aren't right ..... ?

I have enclosed 2 more images .... these two I am not keen on too.
              Attached Files

Comment

Tabs

Yes I dont have a problem with the 5 pioneer tab without the black stitch threads ..... Its Pioneer tabs with the black stitches on the shovel I feel aren't right ..... ?

I have enclosed 2 more images .... these two I am not keen on too.
                I agree. Those are not right in many ways.

Comment

Allgemeine Pioneer Tabs

I agree too .... not good examples.
                  So where did this idea of adding two small black threads come from .... ?

The way I see it is ... The black threads have been put in both cotton thread and bullion style examples of pioneer tabs. Did they exsist as originals like this .... ?

Comment

Collar Tab

Here is a link to The Collector's Guild for an Alleg. EM SS 5th Pioneer tab. It also lacks the black stitching. The ends of the axe and shovel are also flat and not rounded: http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S016057.html

Charles Betz
                    Last edited by C. Betz; 02-27-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Allgemeine Pioneer Tabs

Exactly Charles ......

I have already looked at this example and quite a few others too. I also own a cotton thread pioneer tab too .... This has NO black threads either.

I want someone to to show me differently ..... That both types exsisted. But I feel they didnt and that those with the black threads are fakes.

Comment

both types exsisted. .

A period Photos in wear would prove it anyone have one to share?
                        Best
                        John

Comment

Allgemeine Pioneer Tabs

I have looked everywhere John and I have a few books too ...... I cant see anything on this. We would of course be looking for evidence of both types being worn

Regards
                          David

Comment

I want to show you guys my Pioneer Tab.
                            In regards to the 2 black spots, I found them in a reference book, that states they should be there.
                            Here are the pics of the tab and the book...
                            Jan
                            bal 2011 296.jpg

bal 2011 297.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1772829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1772830[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X