SD cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD cufftitle

I would appreciate some comments on this SD cuff title. I assume one can restore that if all original by removing the white lettering. I assume that does not belong on the title? I want to venture into the area of ss cuff titles ,but my knowledge is lacking and in need for some serious learning. Jacques
    Attached Files

cccc
    Attached Files

Comment

Band material looks good...I'd just turn it over rather than try to remove the lettering...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        I'd just turn it over rather than try to remove the lettering...
        Agreed entirely, too much chance to make a pig's ear of a perfectly good cufftitle.

What sort of muppetry tries to do a thing like adding text to an original blank !

Ian

Comment

I did seen original example with the removed embroidery, there was also added the blocks which was laterly embroidered over. Normally most of the non gotic letters which are post 1940 year made is embroidered over the stenciled inscriptions, due of that, all of the cuff titles in blocks is more ugly and not such tight made as a perfectly done gotic script, which in most cases used cardboard templates under the embroidery

Comment

I just came across this post. It appears the writing says General Gouvernment. If so, this could be a very rare cufftitle. Similar cuffs but in red were worn by Ukrainian police and blue ones by the post workers. Which makes me wonder about this one - could it be for SD in the area or perhaps some other formation like SonderDienst? Amy thoughts?

Comment

For those unaware...this is Poland during WW2..Billbert
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupat...939%E2%80%9345)

Comment

Well there was a pile of guys wanting it, so someone got a bargain. J

Comment

Neat SD cuff title with remnants of RZM tags that was stenciled for General Gouvernement use! (as already stated occupied Poland). Very neat!
                  It is not that unheard of...the Dutch Landwacht (later Landstorm) also used blank black cufftitles with stenciled text
                  (but in simple print letters, not Gothic script which makes this one extra attractivel).

Here's my postal embroidered one (Deutsche Post Osten/Post Schutz Osten), note no spacing between the 2 words!
                  Different services in Poland wore these In their own version, colors and font style)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 08-01-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X